Reminder: Our FREE Workshop and Potluck Party is TOMORROW

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2013
      Just a friendly reminder that our FREE Smooth Lindy and Rockabilly Jiving workshop is TOMORROW!

      In today's economy, "free" is a good thing!

      Doors will open at 7 p.m. for mingling and eating (well, the "price" is food for our potluck.) On the tv, we'll show movie clips from the '50's featuring the swing dance style we're focusing on.

      8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. is our FREE '50's style Smooth Lindy Hop lesson (footwork variations and styling and dips and tricks.)

      9:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. is our FREE (did we mention "free", enough?) Rockabilly Jiving lesson (it's easy, so bring your friends who've never danced before!)

      9:30 to at least Midnight (or longer) Open Dancing to Rockabilly, Do Wop, and Jump Rhythm and Blues (early Rock n' Roll from 1954 to 1964.)

      If this is "successful" (no reason why it shouldn't be), we'll be doing this every month as a primer for both our upcoming classes in Fremont and Blue Jean Bop at The Saddle Rack (more info on that later!)

      Where?
      The Joanne Brown Dance Studio
      33535 Western Avenue
      Union City, CA 94587

      When?
      Saturday, February 2, 2013
      7:00 p.m. to 12:00 Midnight

      And in case you're unfamiliar with what Smooth Lindy Hop is, here's a clip from the '50's featuring the look we're going for (don't worry, we're NOT doing aerials this Saturday!):
      http://youtu.be/HdlfZ4213zM

      Any questions? Contact Mike Quebec at (510)-928-1935 (He's the guy who's teaching.)