Cat's Corner 12/5: Steve Lucky & TRB, DJ Arnold + December Classes Start!

  • nathand_dias
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2012
      ** Steve Lucky & the Rhumba Bums (http://www.luckylounge.com)
      PLUS DJ Arnold Cabreza!

      Music this Wednesday, 12/5: Steve Lucky & the Rhumba Bums deliver '30s, '40s & '50s-style swing, vintage jazz, jumpin' R&B, blues, and original tunes featuring Steve Lucky on piano & vocals, and Miss Carmen Getit on guitar. The band has been a familiar force in the SF Bay Area swing scene as well as internationally, and we're excited to have them back this week on our cozy stage!

      In the DJ Booth: Arnold discovered swing music in the late 90s during the swing revival and started dancing shortly after. You can usually find him dancing wherever swing music is playing around the Bay Area. He's DJed at the SF Balboa Festival, Fillmore Jazz Festival and For Dancers Only, as well as the 2012 Munich Lindy Exchange!

      ** December Lindy Hop Classes (http://www.catscornersf.com/classes/)
      Join award-winning dance teachers Nathan and Idalia for a fun 4-week December session of Lindy Hop classes that starts this Wednesday!

      7pm Beginning Lindy Hop (http://www.catscornersf.com/classes/)
      Topics: 6-count turns, side-by-side, kick-through and tandem Charleston
      Cost: $55 early / $65 full price. $20 weekly drop-in. 20 students max.

      8pm Intermediate Lindy Hop (http://www.catscornersf.com)
      Topics: heel pop footwork, tuck-turn and hand-to-hand Charleston variations, behind-the-back promenade, the Chase
      Cost: $60 early / $70 full price. $20 weekly drop-in. 18 students max.

      Sign up today
      and save $10! (http://www.catscornersf.com/classes/)

      ** Volunteers Needed...staff the door, dance for FREE!
      Email Nathan (mailto:nathan@...) if you would like to help out at Cat's Corner. Work an hour-long shift and get into the dance party for free that night. Work one shift the whole month, and take a month-long Lindy Hop class in exchange!

      ** Plan Ahead for Upcoming Bands
      * December 12: Si Perkoff's Fantastic Swingtime Band (http://www.siperkoff.com)
      * December 19: Macy Blackman & the Mighty Fines (http://www.macyblackman.com)
      * December 26: Clint Baker's New Orleans Jazz Band (http://www.clintbakerjazz.com)

      ** DJs Wanted!
      Share your swing music passion with your friends and our party guests! No experience needed....Cats Corner will help you get started!

      Email Michael Terkowski (mailto:michael@...) to join our DJ team!

      ** Cats Corner Essential Info
      * Absolute Beginners: Drop-in for our fun, friendly 9pm Beginning Swing Lesson (http://www.catscornersf.com/classes/) . $10. No partner or experience needed!
      * General Admission: $5 before 8:30pm. $10 after 8:30pm. Arrive early and save cash to spend on drinks!
      * Venue: Savanna Jazz Club (http://www.savannajazz.com) , 2937 Mission St. @ 25th, SF, 94110
      * Full Bar, Restaurant, Friendly Atmosphere & Classy Jazz Club Ambiance

      ** Cats Corner: Wednesday Swing Dance Lessons & LIVE MUSIC Dance Party in San Francisco! (http://www.catscornersf.com)