Cats Corner 8/3: Fil Lorenz Orchestra, DJ Naomi Walenta + Lindy Classes Start!

  • nathand_dias
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011
      Dear Cats Corner Friends:

      _Music this Wednesday, 8/3:_ Band leader and saxophonist Fil Lorenz
      leads a tight horn ensemble that packs a bold punch, while also channeling a
      sweet and classy sound. Backed by a driving rhythm section on
      piano/bass/drums, the band plays classic renditions of our favorite big band
      swing dance tunes...a dancer's delight!

      _In the DJ Booth:_ Naomi Walenta is one of two resident DJs at SF's longest
      running swing venue, Lindy in the Park. We're big fans of her special
      blend of classic swing, groovy lindy music and hot New Orleans Jazz!

      August Lindy Hop Classes Filling Up!

      Join Nathan and Rose for a fun five week class session...and learn the
      Shim Sham Shimmy this month while you're at it!

      * Beginning Lindy Hop, 7-8pm
      $65 early registration, space for leaders and followers

      * Intermediate Lindy Hop, 8-9pm
      $70 early registration, space for leaders only

      Register by Monday, August 1 and save $10:
      http://www.catscornersf.com/register

      Plan Ahead for Upcoming Bands

      * August 10: SF Medicine Ball Band
      * August 17: Steve Lucky & the Rhumba Bums
      * August 24: Macy Blackman & the Might Fines
      * August 31: Cats Corner Celebrates 5 Years at Savanna Jazz Club!

      DJs Wanted!

      Cats Corner is recruiting up-and-coming DJ talent! Share your swing music
      passion with your friends and our party guests! No experience needed....Cats
      Corner will train and guide you!

      Email Michael Terkowski to join our DJ team:

      michael@...

      Cats Corner Essential Info

      * _Absolute Beginners:_ Drop-in for our fun, friendly 9pm Beginning
      Swing Lesson. $10. No partner or experience needed!
      * _General Admission:_ $5 before 9:30pm. $10 after 9:30pm. Arrive early
      and save cash to spend on drinks!
      * _Venue:_ Savanna Jazz Club, 2937 Mission St. @ 25th, SF, 94110
      * Full Bar, Restaurant, Friendly Atmosphere & Classy Jazz Club Ambiance

      Cats Corner: Wednesday Swing Dance Lessons & LIVE MUSIC Dance Party in San
      Francisco!

      Hope to see you out dancing this week!

      Nathan & Rose
      http://www.CatsCornerSF.com