American Lindy Hop Championships

  • Leetopher@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2000
      When are they ?? Need some info please or a WEBLINK .

      thanks
    • Maggie Moon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2000
        They are in October
        19,20, 21st, I believe. Sometime over that weekend anyway.

        The details are at www.artspectrum.com

        have fun! I will be there!
        --Maggie

        At 08:05 AM 06/01/2000 -0400, Leetopher@... wrote:
        >When are they ?? Need some info please or a WEBLINK .
        >

        >thanks

        >Spending too much calling friends all over the world? Join beMANY!
        >and pay less each month.

        "I'd like to predict that the whole world's going to be swinging," he said.
        "And if they are, you're going to see a bunch of happy people, because
        that's what swing's all about. Having fun."
        --Frankie Manning, LA Times Calendar Cover Article, 1/7/99
      • Artspectrum
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 24, 2005
          The American Lindy Hop Championships is scheduled for Oct. 20-23, 2005
          at the Sheraton Stamford Hotel in Stamford, Connecticut USA.

          ALHC has a typographical error on the printed ALHC 2005 brochure.
          Junior Weekend Pass B should say $94 USD by 8/15, $104 after, $114 at
          the door. The downloadable brochure has been corrected. The online
          registration form also has the correct price.

          We have also added PayPal as a payment option within the shopping cart.

          Hope to see you there.

          Paulette
          1-313-790-2311
          info@...
          http://artspectrum.org/alhc2005.htm
        • Artspectrum
          Message 4 of 5 , May 16, 2006
            In case you haven't heard The American Lindy Hop Championships will
            be held Oct. 12 -15, 2006 at the Sheraton Stamford Hotel in Stamford,
            Connecticut.

            Our Friday night band will be headed by George Gee. Our Saturday
            night band will be Jesse Gelber and the Swing Doctors.

            We have a $99 room rate that will be honored before and after the
            ALHC event dates in case you want to visit New York City or the
            surrounding area.

            Weekend passes range from $99 to $124. Online registration is now
            open. Logon to http://artspectrum.org/alhc2006reg.htm.

            Competitors have until September 25 to decide on which contest they'd
            like to take part.

            Choose from Strictly Lindy, Strictly Balboa, Fast Dance, Cabaret,
            Classic, Open Showcase, American Showcase, Junior, Masters, Cats'
            Corner (Champions' Strictly), Charleston plus 3 levels of Jack and
            Jill.

            Register early. Save money!

            Want to see one or more of past ALHC events. DVDs and tapes are
            available at http://artspectrum.org/products.htm

            Call 313-790-2311 with questions.
          • askartspectrum
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 30, 2010
              2010 American Lindy Hop Championships

              Go to http://artspectrum.org/alhc.htm

              Join us at the Hilton Stamford Hotel, One First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902 October 21-24.

              Weekend passes are currently on sale for -
              Pass A (all classes all parties) $125
              Pass B (all parties, clases Sat. and Sun.) $120
              Pass C (all parties) $99
              Buy passes at http://artspectrum.org/alhcregistration.htm Prices go up on August 1 and again on Oct. 1.

              Teacher, judges and support staff include
              Jeramie Anderson, Bril Barrett, Paulette Brockington, Joel Domoe, Jenny Francois, Ryan Francois, Tony Fraser, Cindy Garnder, Terry Gardner, Nathalie Gomes, Bill Gore, Kate Hedin, Gina Helfinch, Cheryl Henry, Yuval Hod, Laura Jeffers, Jim Jackson, Daniel Newsome, Tomo Tanaka, Rob Szarka, Bobby White, Chester Whitemore, Karen Callaway Williams, Charlie Wyler and others.

              This year in addition to the regular competitions we are having a Tap dance workshop on Saturday and Sunday that leads up to the Tap Dance Division. Last year's Collegiate Team competition will be back along with a reconstituted Junior Swing Division. If you know juniors or tap dancers please pass this info on to them.

              Book your room and read up on the hotel at http://artspectrum.org/alhc_hotel.htm