Vicki Burns Sings in February!

  • sirensong2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      Dear Friends and Fans,
      There are some very exciting things for me coming up
      this month and I want you to know all about them...

      Jazz On The Bay!

      First of all, I will be featured in a wonderful show
      to be broadcast on Radio Ireland next Thursday the 7th
      of February! The show is presented and hosted by
      Melanie O'Reilly a truly delightful Celtic singer from
      Ireland who is based in Berkeley and a visiting
      scholar at UC Berkeley. Her show is entitled "Jazz On
      The Bay" and this segment will feature Women jazz
      musicians from the Bay area. I feel honored to be a
      part of it! My segment of the show will include a cut
      from my performance last year at Anna's Jazz Island
      that some of you may remember was a big hit:
      "Polkadots and Moonbeams!" More information to follow
      including how to listen on line!

      Talk Show Live!

      My adventures in radio continue with a special guest
      appearance on San Francisco's newest and most original
      podcast radio show, "Talk Show Live!" I will be
      singing some "Not Exactly Valentine's Day" songs with
      the wonderful Cafe Americain, led by Ned Boynton on
      guitar! Here is the information reprinted from their
      newsletter:

      Join us on February 11 for our "Not Exactly Valentines
      Day" Show ! Some people love it, some people hate it.
      February 11 is not exactly Valentine's Day, so we've
      got a show for you that's both sweet and sour,
      featuring:

      *Writer/performer/local favorite BETH LISICK, fresh
      off the road from her book tour for her latest entry
      on the New York Times best-seller list, Helping Me
      Help Myself. If you've listened to the radio at all in
      the last month, you've already heard Beth talk about
      her year of experimenting with self-help gurus and
      programs. But we haven't heard anyone ask her how she
      morphed from SF slam poetry bad girl into NPR media
      darling. We're going to try to find out more --and
      we've also convinced Beth to perform a number for us
      (maybe one of the greatest hits from her previous
      band, The Beth Lisick Ordeal).

      * Charles Chocolates founder CHUCK SIEGEL, a man who
      loves his work, which he summarizes as "making people
      happy." The rest of the world has to settle for
      watching Chuck share his super-premium, handmade
      gourmet chocolate with Martha Stewart on her February
      5 TV show, but the Willy Wonka of the Bay Area will be
      bringing our audience not exactly Valentine's Day
      samples. And if we get our way, Chuck will tell us if
      the real reason he's so happy is because it's true
      that "chocolate is the new sex". . .

      *Musical guest, jazz singer VICKI BURNS, who's been
      performing her soulful and romantic take on jazz
      standards in the Bay Area since 1989. Vicki's promised
      some appropriate musical commentary on Valentine's
      Day. If you haven't had the opportunity to hear her
      perform at Enrico's, Cosmopolitan, Flytrap, Downtown,
      the Claremont or any of the other top jazz venues
      where Vicki appears, you are in for a treat.

      Vicki will be performing with the TSL house band, CAFE
      AMERICAIN. Our audience favorite gypsy-jazz combo will
      be on before, during and after the show

      *Plus, a special not-exactly Valentine's Day
      performance by our host, KURT BODDEN.

      So be our Not Exactly Valentine's Day date -- or bring
      your own!

      Reserve your table in advance by buying online
      Our best tables get reserved by advance ticket buyers
      before the show. That's especially true now that we're
      serving dinner and snacks --along with the usual
      drinks-- downstairs in the club. Caffe Macaroni Sciue
      Sciue has two menus for our audience: a special
      prix-fixe deal (offered between 7-8 only) and an ala
      carte light supper menu (including pizza and
      sandwiches) available all night. You can also buy a
      bottle of wine or prosecco for your table rather than
      individual drinks --just ask your waitress.

      While we will always try to hold enough tickets at the
      door for walk-ins, your best bet is to order tickets
      online through the website by February 10 and get a
      priority reserved table at the show (we'll hold it
      until 7:45 pm). Come on down when the doors open at 7
      pm to mingle and relax over dinner during Cafe
      Americain's pre-show set. If last time was any
      indication, the party is going to start early -- and
      go late -- from now on!

      Logistical Details

      * Doors open at 7:00. Come early to grab your table,
      relax over a drink or dinner, and enjoy the band's
      opening set.

      * The interview part of the show runs from 8:00 to
      9:20.

      * After the show, hang out with us at the after-party
      until 10 or so. The bar stays open, the band keeps
      playing, and we all get to meet one another. We'll
      have a drawing for free tickets and other goodies. . .
      and maybe surprise guests!

      Location

      The Purple Onion, located at 140 Columbus Avenue in
      North Beach, is one of San Francisco's most celebrated
      venues, a hub of music and comedy during the Beat era.
      Lenny Bruce, Woody Allen, Jonathan Winters, and the
      Smothers Brothers all performed at this intimate
      cellar club. Phyllis Diller and the Kingston Trio
      began their careers here. There's on-street parking
      and three parking garages within sight of the club.

      Here are the other great venues where I will be
      performing this month! I hope to see you soon!

      Little Saigon!

      I will be returning to this delightful gem of a venue
      on Friday, February 8th. Please join me for the
      finest Vietnamese cuisine and some sweet, hot jazz by
      the Vicki Burns Duo with the fabulous Jeff Massanari
      on guitar!

      The Music is from 5-9:00pm with no cover but believe
      me you will want to make dinner reservations, the food
      is simply fantastic! Here is a recent review:

      http://www.judysbook.com/members/bellagreen/posts/2006/12/496132/

      The Flytrap!

      I'll be at the Flytrap on these dates in February:
      Saturday the 2nd the fabulous Ken Muir on piano. On
      Friday the 15th I will be singing with the great Alan
      Steger and on Friday the 29th with the marvelous David
      Udolf on piano!

      Please come out to hear some great music and
      have some of the finest cuisine in the City! Music is
      from 6:30-10:30pm.

      FlyTrap Restaurant
      606 Folsom St.
      San Francisco, CA 94107

      Cross Street: between 2nd and 3rd

      Web Site: flytraprestaurant.com
      Email Address: reservation@...
      Phone Number: (415) 243-0580

      Jordan's at the Claremont Hotel!

      I will be returning with my trio of excellent
      musicians on Sunday, February 10th!

      With me will be the fantastic line up of
      David Udolf on piano, John Nichols on bass and Smith
      Dobson V on drums.

      Please join us for dinner and dancing from
      6:00-10:00pm.

      Reservations recommended!

      The food and staff are absolutely superb!

      For more info please visit their website:

      http://www.bay-area-reservations.com/claremont/

      Romance your Valentine at Bistro Yoffi!!

      February, on the 14th I will be returning to Bistro
      Yoffi for our annual Valentine's day celebration! With
      me will be the stellar trio of: Bob Brumbaloe on
      guitar, Sam Bevan on bass and Smith Dobson on drums!

      This celebration always sells out so please make your
      reservations early!

      The food, atmosphere and outstanding staff make Bistro
      Yoffi one of the most delightful spots in the City to
      enjoy live music!

      http://www.bistroyoffi.com/info.html

      As always, I treasure your friendship and value your
      support!

      All The Best,
      Vicki Burns

      http://www.vickiburns.com