13407Saturday's Dips n' Tricks Workshop Curriculum

  • michaelquebec
    Feb 19, 2014
      Hey dancin' friends,

      For those who are going to the Dips n' Tricks Workshop this Saturday, here is our curriculum and how we'll (tentatively) run our Dips n' Tricks class on Saturday.

      Sign In and Name Tags (15 minutes before class, around 1:45 p.m.)
      2:00 to 2:50 p.m.
      Warm up dancing 3 min
      Stretching 10 min
      Concepts 5 min

      Double Drop
      Follow's Faint
      Thread The Needle

      5 to 10 Minute Break
      3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
      Slide n' Glide
      Step Over
      Carousel Dip

      And as a reminder for all of the details, here is the 411:

      Saturday February 22, 2014
      2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
      Flips n' Flops Gymnastics
      5327 Jacuzzi Street
      Suite 3-1
      Richmond, CA

      $10 per person/$20 per couple if you two rsvp in advance, before February 22.
      ($15 per person, $30 per couple on the day of.)

      Here is a small sample of what we'll be teaching, here is a demo video of just four of the many tricks we'll be covering on the 22nd!

      Because it's a soft, springy gymnastics floor, please be prepared to practice in your socks, or in soft, clean, gym shoes.
      No heels or hard soled shoes allowed (they'll damage the floor.)

      Follows, we recommend, wearing long sleeved shirts to avoid rubbing "burns" on the arms while learning some of the tricks.

      If you are planning on joining us for eats after, here's where we'll go after the workshop:

      And later that night, we'll try out our moves at the Hillbilly Robot rockabilly show (here's their Facebook page.):

      Finally, you can also catch Mike and Diana on March 9, Channel 20, at 8:00 p.m. on Channel 20's (KOFY) Dance Party!  (Don't miss it!)

      Hope to see you there!