13405Dips n' Tricks A Week From Tomorrow!

  • michaelquebec
    Feb 14, 2014
      Happy Valentine's Day dance friends!

      Dance of course, is one activity that couples can enjoy together and a week from tomorrow, Saturday February 22nd, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon, we at Flips n' Flops Gym (5327 Jacuzzi Street, Suite 3-1, Richmond, CA) will be hosting a Dips N' Tricks Workshop, courtesy of The Bay Area's premiere '50's Style Smooth Lindy couple, Mike and Diana!

      Nothing but Dips n' Tricks!

      The first hour will be easy basic dips n' tricks lesson, and the second hour, after that warm up, will be the more advanced, slightly more challenging, but always FUN, Dips n' Tricks.

      If you and a partner want something fun and flashy to add to your dance repertoire, this class is for you, since, unlike aerials, dips n' tricks can actually be done on the social dance floor!  (And for your performers, these moves can make a nice addition or alternative to the more dangerous aerials and lifts.)

      To see a small sample of what we'll be teaching, here is a demo video of just four of the many tricks we'll be covering on the 22nd!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpUGVqyLvWQ&list=UUgqj2qdsXgOtEAm3YemI96A&feature=c4-overview

      Details:
      Saturday February 22, 2014
      2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
      Flips n' Flops Gymnastics
      5327 Jacuzzi Street
      Suite 3-1
      Richmond, CA

      $10 per person/$20 per couple if you two rsvp in advance, before February 22.
      ($15 per person, $30 per couple on the day of.)

      Contact:
      Mike Quebec at maquebec@... or (510)-240-2732

      You can also catch Mike and Diana on March 9, Channel 20, at 8:00 p.m. on Channel 20's (KOFY) Dance Party!  (Don't miss it!)

      Note:
      Because it's a soft, springy gymnastics floor, please be prepared to practice in your socks, or in soft, clean, gym shoes.
      No heels or hard soled shoes allowed (they'll damage the floor.)

      Follows, we recommend, wearing long sleeved shirts to avoid rubbing "burns" on the arms while learning some of the tricks.