13398Wednesday 12/18: LAST Cat's Corner at Savanna Jazz Club! Closing Party w/ Macy Blackman & the Mighty Fines!

  • nathand_dias
    Dec 17, 2013

      SAD BUT TRUE: this Wednesday will be the LAST Cat's Corner Dance Party at Savanna Jazz Club! Come out and party with us one more time!

      ** This Wednesday, December 18th:

      ** Cat's Corner Farewell Party

      ** Savanna Jazz Club Will Close at Year's End

      Dear Friends,

      I am writing to announce that this Wednesday will be the last Cat's Corner Swing Dance Party at Savanna Jazz Club, our home for the past 7+ years. We learned only recently that club owners Pascal and Vicki made the final decision to sell and close their building at the end of the year. Many of us will be sad to lose the home to which we have grown accustomed, but let's also take the opportunity to appreciate all the good times we've enjoyed together and feel proud of what we've accomplished!

      A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has helped us keep our party swinging over the years: bands, bar staff, volunteers & coordinators, sound techs, DJs, friends and all our guests!

      Savanna Jazz Club has been the 3rd (and we think best!) venue to host our dance party so far, and rest assured that we are looking into all options for keeping the Cat's Corner spirit alive! Stay tuned!

      ** In the meantime, Let's Have A Grand Closing Party!

      This week's festivities include:

      * Music by Macy Blackman & the Mighty Fines (http://www.macyblackman.com) + DJ Arnold

      * Holiday Dress-to-Impress: Wear Red, White & Green!

      * Santa Claus Visits + $10 Gift Exchange: Bring a wrapped gift, get a gift!

      * Sweet Tooth Potluck: Bring a dessert to share!

      * Performances at the Band Break!

      * Full Bar, Restaurant, Swing Dancing & Good Times with Good Friends!

      ** Have a hot lead on a potential venue?

      If you know of any club owners or event space managers who want to fill their space with a thriving scene of swing dancers and host great live music shows each week, please invite them to contact Nathan directly: 415-385-5929 (phone) or nathan@... (email).

      ** Upcoming Swing Events and News

      * Monday Lindy Hop Classes at the Women's Building (http://www.swingornothing.com/mondays/)

      Register for the next class session starting January 6th!

      * Dec 29 - Jan 1: Santa Swing in the New Year! (http://www.santa-swing.com)

      New Years Swing Dance Festival in Santa Barbara, CA

      * Friday, 1/10: Steve Lucky & the Rhumba Bums at Ashkenaz, Berkeley (http://www.ashkenaz.com)

      8pm East Coast Swing Lesson with Nathan

      * Saturday, 1/18: Intermediate Lindy Hop Workshop

      with Nathan & champion swing dancer Carla Heiney (SAVE THE DATE!)

      ** Cat's Corner Essential Info

      * Absolute Beginners: Drop-in for our fun, friendly 9pm Beginning Swing Lesson (http://www.catscornersf.com/classes/) . $10. No partner or experience needed!

      * General Admission: $5 before 8:30pm. $10 after 8:30pm. Arrive early and save cash to spend on drinks!

      * Venue: Savanna Jazz Club (http://www.savannajazz.com) , 2937 Mission St. @ 25th, SF, 94110

      * Full Bar, Restaurant, Friendly Atmosphere & Classy Jazz Club Ambiance

      ** Cat's Corner: 7+ Years of Wednesday Live Music & Swing Dancing in San Francisco! (http://www.catscornersf.com)