13361Cat's Corner 8/28: 7 Year Anniversary Party w/ Steve Lucky & the Rhumba Bums!

  • nathand_dias
    Aug 26, 2013
      Wednesday, August 28th:
      ** Cat's Corner Anniversary Party
      ** Celebrating 7 Years of Swing Dancing & Music at Savanna Jazz!

      Festivities include:

      * Music by Steve Lucky & the Rhumba Bums (http://www.luckylounge.com) + DJ Autumn LaVarta
      * Red, White & Black Dress-to-Impress Contest - win a full year of Cat's Corner dance party admission!
      * High-Flying Fast Lindy Hop Performance
      * Group photo, cake, ice cream, good friends and more!

      Steve Lucky & The Rhumba Bums (http://www.luckylounge.com)
      SteveLucky & the Rhumba Bums deliver '30s, '40s & '50s-style swing, vintage jazz, jumpin' R&B, blues, and original tunes featuring Steve Lucky on piano & vocals, and Miss Carmen Getit on guitar. The band has been a familiar force in the SF Bay Area swing scene as well as internationally, and we're excited to have them back this week on our cozy stage!

      DJ Autumn LaVarta
      Autumn LaVarta loves to spin vintage jazz gems that he's collected over the years - often scoured from obscure swing music blogs - he's our favorite end-of-month DJ!

      ** September Lindy Hop Classes Begin Next Week!
      http://www.catscornersf.com/classes/

      Learn to Lindy Hop & swing, meet great people and have fun in our monthly, progressive format group classes!

      Wednesdays, September 4 - 25 (4-weeks)
      7pm Beginning Lindy Hop / 8pm Beginning Lindy Hop
      $60 early / $70 full price sign up for the month by 7/1. $20 weekly drop-in.
      No partner needed. Beginners welcome!

      REGISTER TODAY AND SAVE!
      http://www.catscornersf.com/classes/

      ** Volunteers Needed...staff the door, dance for FREE!
      Email Sarah (volunteers@...)if you would like to help out at Cat's Corner. Work an hour-long shift and get into the dance party for free that night. Work one shift the whole month, and take a month-long Lindy Hop class in exchange!

      ** Want to DJ at Cat's Corner?

      Share your swing music passion with your friends and our party guests! No experience needed....Cats Corner will help you get started!

      Email Michael Terkowski (michael@...) to join our DJ team!

      ** Upcoming Events & News
      * September 12-15: 2013 SF Lindy Exchange w/ Fil Lorenz Orchestra, Gordon Webster & the Careless Lovers, SF (http://sflindyexchange.com)
      * Saturday, 9/28: Nathan & Julie Lindy Hop Workshop, SF (SAVE THE DATE!) (http://www.swingornothing.com/sep28workshop/)

      ** Cat's Corner Essential Info
      * Absolute Beginners: Drop-in for our fun, friendly 9pm Beginning Swing Lesson (http://www.catscornersf.com/classes/) . $10. No partner or experience needed!
      * General Admission: $5 before 8:30pm. $10 after 8:30pm. Arrive early and save cash to spend on drinks!
      * Venue: Savanna Jazz Club (http://www.savannajazz.com) , 2937 Mission St. @ 25th, SF, 94110
      * Full Bar, Restaurant, Friendly Atmosphere & Classy Jazz Club Ambiance

      ** Cat's Corner: Wednesday Swing Dance Lessons & LIVE MUSIC Dance Party in San Francisco!
      http://www.catscornersf.com