Copy ofScience Building temporary closure

  • sfstateparents-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2014

      Did you received the latest e-mail sent out earlier this week from President Les Wong about the Science Bldg. closure?

      See below for a copy of it.

      As we welcome back our students, faculty and staff to the start of classes for the spring semester, we have news that we would like to share with you our parents of SF State students.
      As we begin the new semester, we do so with one fewer building to serve our needs. During routine environmental health testing conducted in the Science Building, the University identified some rooms that tested positive for potential environmental hazards. Further testing revealed potential hazards in several other rooms in the building. To best address the larger scope of the potential hazards, the entire Science Building has been closed.
      Over the course of the last few weeks, numerous university employees have been hard at work day and night to minimize the disruptions this may cause, inevitably there will be some confusion and inconvenience.
      I have asked for patience and cooperation as we all work together to adjust and that we as a campus community be especially understanding of students--and faculty--who may experience delays arriving for classes in locations that are new to them.
      SF State has accomplished a Herculean task getting ready for the start of classes. It is not easy to find alternative seats for 9,000-plus enrollments, and to furnish spaces intended for other purposes. I am deeply grateful for the creativity and resourcefulness shown by the college deans, administrators, faculty and staff throughout campus. Their dedication has been remarkable.
      Please check the http://buildingclosure.sfsu.edu/ website for updates. You may also address questions to the e-mail answers@..., or call our hotline at (415) 405-4000.

      Les Wong, President