RSA - New location and date in SF - Sun Aug 11th

  • David Calkins - RSA
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2002
      Just a reminder that the SF chapter we will NOT be meeting Wednesday, August 7th at the Exploratorium.

      Meeting place: "Spanganga" 3376 19th Street between Capp and Mission
      Meeting Date/Time: Sunday, Aug 11th at 1 PM

      I'm sure you all are tired of me talking about trying to make the group more accessible, and that I've been talking about moving the meetings to Sundays - so I'd like to try that this Sunday.

      Agenda:

      1:00-1:30 Announcements, Robotics news, etc

      1:30-2:00 Recap with a slide-show and video demo of the recent Seattle robot show. Lots of cool events and some good ideas for our newt Expo/Games.

      2:00-3:00 Discussion of the fall robot games. Please help us advertise this anyway you can. We've got some great opportunities to grow this year, and I'd really like to see us capitalize on them.. Come prepared with ideas for the show and how to make it our best year ever! The most important part is being a volunteer - in most years past, I've done most of the pre-show work. In order for this years show to be really big, I'll need more volunteers - both for the actual show and for helping out BEFORE the show in the weeks preceding.

      3:00-4:00 Show and tell and open discussions. The best thing about doing these on Sunday afternoons, is that we won't be rushed to leave because the the building is closing or to get home (if you have a long drive and have to get up early.)

      One of the major points of his meeting is to see if Sunday's work for you guys, and if the venue works over all for future stuff.

      Thanks again for your interest, and I hope that this change helps more people come, and will help us grow bigger, learn and see more bots, and most importantly - build more robots!

      -David Calkins, President
      Robotics Society of America
      http://www.robots.org

      Silicon shall replace Carbon.