RoboMaxx

  • topazx2
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2002
      RoboMaxx is coming up quickly, there never seems to be quite enough
      time to get your robots done for the competition. There are less
      than four months to make robots that will take home
      the first place prize booty of $300 cash and the RoboMaxx Mini Sumo
      trophy.
      For more info about RoboMaxx bookmark this link
      www.1sorc.com/robomaxx and check back often. As things come together
      we will post details at this site. The registration page should be up
      by the end of this week.
      Send questions to info@1...
      Respectfully,
      Current President of
      Southern Oregon Robotics Club
      Dan Gates
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2003
        RoboMaxx is just around the corner, October 11th &
        12th will prove to be one of the most exciting robot
        events ever in Southern Oregon.
        This year we have a more robotics fun than you can
        imagine, here's a quick list of some of the
        highlights:
        *12 to 30 pound combat robot rentals
        *Rogue Valley Flyers club R/C Swap meet
        *A Full Size R2D2 roaming around
        *As many as 10 Storm Troopers
        *Darth Vader and Princess Leia
        *Flame Throwing robot
        *20" Biped walking robot
        *The worlds first Nano Sumo Contest
        *Micro Sumo
        *Mini Sumo
        *Japan Class Sumo
        *Maze Solving robots
        *Open Class robot pageant
        *13 Robotics Vendors
        *New product announcements from 5 Vendors
        *Movie robots
        *Kids Korner Free Babysitting & Coloring contest
        *Build a BEAM robot workshop & keep it! for ages 8-14
        *Great Exhibits and Demonstrations
        *All competitions projected to a huge 10.5'x14' Screen
        *Door Prizes every half hour
        *Raffle prizes
        *Local News Channels 5, 10 and 12 covering the event
        *Did I mention R2D2!
        This Event is absolutely FREE to all competitors! You
        won't want to miss this years RoboMaxx! Everyone will
        be talking about it! See the website below for more
        details.
        See you there,

        From your friendly
        RoboMaxx Committee
        http://www.sorobotics.org/RoboMaxx/

        Local members, we still need volunteers. Please
        contact me at robomaxx@... if you can help
        at the show.
        We are also looking for judges from other groups to
        keep the games unbiased. Please contact me if you are
        interested in being a judge for an hour or two during
        the Sunday games.

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 23, 2004
          SORS Members and fellow Roboteers,

          You need to get your robots registered online at
          http://www.sorobotics.org/RoboMaxx/register/
          We'll have enough 'event day' registrants to worry
          about, so it would really help us if our members would
          register theirs online ahead of time. Please register
          each robot entrant separately so the information gets
          transfered correctly.
          We're looking at another great turn out of Nano and
          Micro Sumo's, is there a chance of a Pico this year??
          Well, at RoboMaxx surprises abound!
          I would specifically like to encourage you to enter
          our Open Class competition, these are robots that defy
          categorization, robots with originality... robots with
          attitude. RoboMaxx's Open Class robots are the heart
          of the event, we give the best prizes to the OC
          winners and the best looking trophies.
          See you there,
          -Dan Gates

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail