ROBODEX2002 SAYONARA Epilog - Fumihiko Abe ROBODEX2002 movies!

  • Clifford J. Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2002
      Roboters, This Just In!

      Moments after emailing the ROBODEX2002 SAYONARA message, the message below
      came in from Japan, from Fumihiko Abe (Handle-name is "Gromit"), who is our
      honorary Robotics Society of America (SFRSA) "mediameister " in Japan!
      Gromit attends the Live ROBODEX events in person, where he performs the role
      of videographer there - it was he who shot & generously provided the 1st
      footage we got of the original Sony SDR-3X at the 1st ROBODEX, which video
      made it to our SFRSA Files area site hosted by the...

      US Berkeley Robotics Lab >
      http://www.robots.org/files.htm &
      http://robotics.eecs.berkeley.edu/~winthrop/SFRSA/ &
      http://robotics.eecs.berkeley.edu/~winthrop/SFRSA/SDR-3X_PROMO.mpeg

      Prior to ROBODEX2002 I emailed Gromit my portion of the note below, in the
      usual manner, taking each line of English, using the Alta Vista Babelfish
      Universal Translator to translate into Japanese characters (Katakana > 片仮
      名) , & pasting those right after each English statement - works well enough
      that either of us, not knowing each other's language, can engage in
      robotics shop talk well enough to understand each other!

      As noted below, Fumihiko Abe has shot a ton of video which he is continuing
      to upload & share with us from his video clip storage site at
      http://www.feelaibo.com/ROBODEX2002_328/Movie/

      Gromit, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! - You are SFRSA honorary
      Videographer Hero Worker of the Year! :)

      I added links to Gromit's clip directory to the ROBODEX2002 store on the
      SFRSA Home page.

      Regards,

      Cliff Thompson
      Mediameister,