RSA -

  • David Calkins - RSA
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2002
      In addition to the generous discounts offered to dues-paying members by Roger at www.robotstore.com , I have now gotten 25% off purchases at Parallax and am also finalizing a deal with Jameco - for those of you who haven't used Parallax, they're the basic stamp guys, and their offer is very generous. I for one will be taking advantage of it. Parallax can be found at http://www.parallaxinc.com

      Jameco is a great sells just about everything electronics related. In order for me to finalize a deal with them, they're asking for an approximation of how much members have spent there.

      PLEASE send me e-mail with your approximate purchases over the last year. Even if you only spent $10 on LED's, let me know. I hope to let you know the exact discount they're offering soon - but the more feedback I get from you guys, the better I anticipate the discount to be. For those unfamiliar with Jameco, they sell 2000 times the parts of Radio Shack at half the price. They've got on-line ordering and most priority (2 day) shipments actually arrive in one day if you're in the bay area. http://www.jameco.com

      More discounts and benefits to dues-paying members in the works!

      -David Calkins, President
      Robotics Society of America
      http://www.robots.org

      Silicon shall replace Carbon.
      The revolution will be automated.
    • rickwashburn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2002
        Great work David!

        The discounts are exceptionally generous, and demonstrate the genuine
        interest these suppliers have in our sport.

        The savings will more than offset the membership fees, and may even
        extend our membership as robotics enthusiasts join in order to
        participate in these discount programs.

        Keep up the great work!

        Rick Washburn
        SFRSA