Basic Micro Robot Club discount

  • Craig Gardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2001
      I just wanted let people know that I talked to the people at Basic Micro
      and they are willing to extend a %25 discount on their products to Robot
      club members this includes Atoms, compilers and development boards they
      have really great products and support you can write me off list at
      cgardner@... and I'll get your club set up for the
      discount. Just in case you don't know about Basic Micro the make a Basic
      Stamp Killer called the Atom it is pin compatible with the Basic Stamp 2
      it is programmed in a basic similar to the Basic Stamps many programs
      for the Basic Stamp 2 will work as is others may need some changes. It
      has 8k of program space and that is continuous.

      8K of Program Space
      368 Bytes of User / System RAM
      256 Bytes of User EEPROM
      33,000 Plus Instruction Per Second
      Three Hardware Timers
      Two Capture, Compare
      Two PWM modules (10-bit)
      Analog-to-Digital converter
      Buffered Serial Port
      Built in hardware
      Interrupt Capable
      32 x 32 Bit Math
      Floating Point Math
      Variables with values up to 4,294, 967,295

      After looking at the specs I think you can see why I call it a Basic
      Stamp Killer.
      And when you are ready to move to PIC's their Mbasic compiler is the
      same syntax right now the Atom has more features than the compiler but
      the next release 5.0 will have all the features and compiler updates are
      FREE. Just to let you know I am not an employee of Basic Micro just a
      happy customer and I am a beta tester of their Mbasic compiler and I am
      using the 5.0 version right now and it is great I especially like the
      floating point math.
      Check them out at

      Craig