are their any good active email list for robot ethusiast on the internet?

  • kevin@fonner.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2001
      are their any good active email list for robot ethusiast on the
      internet?
    • Jeanette Eya-Zeissig
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2001
        >are their any good active email list for robot ethusiast on the
        >internet?

        Yes, try:

        John Zeissig

        <http://home.att.net/~jZeissig>

        <mailto:jZeissig@...>

        To see the 'bot <http://home.att.net/~jZeissig/Bot.html>
      • John van Loon
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2001
          Try
          Yahoo groups, group names:
          PARTS
          osmc
          and of course sfrsa but you got that one

          kevin@... wrote:

          >are their any good active email list for robot ethusiast on the
          >internet?
          >

          >Be sure to visit our web site at http://www.robots.org

        • Jon Nebenfuhr
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2001
            Other than those already mentioned, you may want to peek at:

            groups.yahoo.com/group/Electronics_101 for basic electronics queries
            groups.yahoo.com/group/handyboard
            groups.yahoo.com/group/beam
            groups.yahoo.com/group/legged-robots
            groups.yahoo.com/group/oopic
            groups.yahoo.com/group/PICBots
            groups.yahoo.com/group/rugwarrior
            groups.yahoo.com/group/srs-avr

            Some of the groups have more to do with microcontrollers than robotics,
            but they are good to read just for ideas or to see what kind of trouble
            others have and possible fixes. Robotics are pretty much just a set of
            mechanical and electronic responses of whatever you design them for, or
            not for and become surprised.

            Also run a group search under "robotics" or "microcontroller" or "BEAM"
            and you can do a general search on the WWW for news groups in general.
            Remember there are no stoopud questions, just ones you wished you asked
            earlier.

            ~J

            --- In sfrsa@y..., kevin@f... wrote:
            > are their any good active email list for robot ethusiast on the
            > internet?
          • Dan Gates
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2001
              If you're like me and just can't get enough, I joined all the above
              mentioned groups, plus the best and most active was not even in the
              list, http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/theroboticsclub which has over
              1600 members... that's even bigger than Seattle's list serve. And the
              people there always are willing to help!!
              -Dan