Re: SFR(obot)SA News: SFRSA/Exploratorium Robot Games, Sunday, September 30, 2001, 12 to 6 PM

  • sgcossette@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
      Cliff,

      Glad to see the SFRSA site now has a Robot Games link. Good job!

      I noticed a couple of things that might be confusing to folks that
      don't regularly attend our meetings;

      1. There is no mention of a mini-sumo competition. I think there
      should be, just to be clear. A rules link is
      http://www.sinerobotics.com/sumo/mini-sumo.html

      2. Another point of clarification on Mini-sumo. I have never seen a
      RC-class mini-sumo competition and always thought that mini-sumo was,
      by definition, autonomous only. Will RC control be allowed for mini-
      sumo? It is implied that will be one based on the sumo rules link

      Thanks,

      Stan

      --- In sfrsa@y..., "Cliff Thompson" <clifftrobot@h...> wrote:
      > Greetings Automata Trainers ;)
      >
      > The Annual SFRSA/Exploratorium Robot Games are back, bigger &
      better than
      > ever. Expanded with new divisions for LEGO, Hexapods, BEAM, AIBO &
      demos
      > from NASA FIRST & Battlebots, with hosts from TechTV & beamed by
      > Exploratorium webcast, the Games are slated for Sunday, September
      30, 2001,
      > 12 to 6 PM at the Exploratorium. For details follow these San
      Francisco
      > Robotics Society of America (SFRSA) robot website update links:
      >
      > SFRSA Home Page Robot Games Announcement Link; Direct Link
      > http://www.robots.org (where it reads "Robot Games...")
      > http://www.robots.org/2001_Robot_Games.htm
      >

      > Regards,
      >
      > Cliff Thompson
      > Mediameister,
      > San Francisco
      > Robotics Society of America (SFRSA)
      > www.robots.org
      > Founder,
      > San Francisco Bay Area
      > & Silicon Valley
      > AIBO Club (SFBASVAC)
      > www.robots.org/AIBO/
      > clifftrobot@h...
      > (650) 655-6695 (home/office)
      > (650) 954-6070 (mobile)
    • Dafydd Walters
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
        Hello,

        I am predominantly a "lurker" on this list. Living in L.A., I am not able
        to attend the regular SFRSA meetings. However, I am interested in attending
        the games, and bringing a couple of my 'bots to complete.

        Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any specific information on the
        competition rules and regulations for Line Slalom and Maze Challenge.

        Assuming "outsiders" are welcome to compete in the games, any relevant
        inside information that regular meeting attendees are privy to would be
        welcome.

        Yours in 'botting,
        Dafydd Walters.