Skip to search.

GoRobotics.net v. 2.0

  • William Cox
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2001
      Hi,
      Well, after working all summer long, I finally got GoRobotics.net
      redesigned! I have to say that it is a lot better. Several things have
      changed besides how it looks. These are detailed below. If you aren't
      familiar with The GoRobotics Network, it is a site with contains robotics
      projects, links, books, news, and more. Our goal is to a resource to the
      amateur robotics community.
      Changes include:
      1) We've moved away from the monthly update scheme. This eases some of the
      pressure involved with running the site and keeping it fresh. If you wish to
      be notified of updates you can become and member and subscribe to our e-mail
      list. We'll keep you posted on all changes.

      2) We're bringing 4 columnists onto the team. Starting Sept. we'll have 4
      semi-bi-monthly columns and one monthly column. These will range across a
      number of topics including programming, neural nets, and misc. projects.

      3) You can now comment on the news items. By registering to post comments
      you can voice your opinion about certain news items that are posted to the
      site.

      4) You can vote on the usefulness of certain articles. All projects and
      resource articles now have a vote box at the bottom. Here you can rate the
      resource based on how good it is.

      5) Articles and projects have been moved to one central page. Instead of
      separate project and resource pages, they have now been combined into on
      central 'articles' page - http://www.gorobotics.net/articles.shtml

      Updates:

      New project - Using a Real-Time Clock With Your BS2
      http://www.gorobotics.net/realtimeclock.shtml
      New resource - 10 Tips for Absolute Beginners to Robotics
      http://www.gorobotics.net/beginnertips.shtml
      LEGO Mindstorms book page
      http://www.gorobotics.net/mindstormbooks.shtml

      Stay tuned for other changes and features!
      -William Cox
      GoRobotics.net - webmaster

      [Feel free to distribute this e-mail to anyone you like]

      GoRobotics.net | The Robot Directory
      Robotics projects, links, | Put up your robot
      books, news, resources, | or check out others! Put
      and more! Everything | a RobotViewer on your
      about amateur robotics! | robotics website.
      http://GoRobotics.net | http://RobotDirectory.org
      Are you 100% that if you died tonight you'd go to
      heaven? Why have doubts. You have to answer some-
      day ...