[sfrsa] Re: Robots (what else?)

  • Mark Medonis
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 1999
      Hello!
      Glad to have more folks get into robot building! The museum is usually
      crowded on Wednesday nights, but no lines. Might have to drive
      around the parking lot a bit tho.

      I'm sure you will hear from some of the other walker robot builders
      such as Joe Miller, but it seems that RC servos are the most popular
      motive power. I have seen walkers with one servo, two servos, and
      twelve servos so that is open to design. The simplest mechanical one
      was four legs, and two servos per leg. But it couldn't turn very well.
      The six legged walkers, like the Lynxmotion one in the Robot Store
      catalog, turn well but jeez that's a lot of servos.

      Mark Medonis

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 1999
        Hi! You're in luck! We proudly announce a surprising lack of long lines and
        standing room only at the Robot Society Meetings at the Exploratorium!
        Please join us in January. Come and meet your fellow professional
        improvisors/cannabalizers/scroungers!

        Hope to see you there!

        Toni Thompson
        Webbotchick, San Francisco Robotics Society