UC Berkeley Annual Open House Cal Day 2001

  • Cliff Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2001
      Hi Ariane et al,

      This Saturday from 9-4 is UC Berkeley Annual Open House "Cal Day 2001". An
      excerpt from the website reads "Enjoy a day of lectures, tours, open
      labs...". Samples talks include:

      "Mission to Mars Projects at UC Berkeley."
      "Telerobotic Surgery." (given by our SFR(Robot)SA Club member, who is UC
      Robot Lab Manager)
      "Keck Adaptive Optics Imaging of Our Solar System."
      "Heart of Darkness: The Search for Black Holes."
      "Wonders from the Deep: Coelacanths, Mantis Shrimp and Octopi from Northern
      Indonesia."
      "Lab on a Chip, Genomics, and Proteomics."
      "Chemistry: Molecules, Materials and Us."
      "How the Brain Gets Wired Up: Genes, Growth Cones, and Synapses."
      "Fun With Physics."
      "Chandra — NASA's Great X-ray Observatory"
      "Dark Matter — What Is the Missing Mass in the Universe and How Do We Know
      It Is Missing?"
      "Solving the Puzzles of Prehistory."

      Cal Day
      http://www.berkeley.edu/calday/index.html