Re: [sfrsa] East bay Builders group... Anyone interested?

  • D K
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 22, 2001
      Sounds good.
      Count me in.

      Dennis

      ----Original Message Follows----
      From: zsradding@...
      To: sfrsa@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [sfrsa] East bay Builders group... Anyone interested?
      Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 02:36:59 -0000

      Do you have a desire to build cool stuff (robotics, electronics...)?
      Do you need an excuse to get out of the house once a week?
      Do you live in the East Bay (or are you willing to drive there)?
      If you answered yes to any of the above questions then keep reading...

      I am looking for people interested in forming a group to build cool
      stuff.

      Here's the idea:
      We would meet once a week in the East Bay, on Monday nights 7pm (exact
      location to be determined). The focus would be on learning from each
      other and helping each other brainstorm/design/build real projects. We
      may even consider doing a group project. Each week someone (maybe me,
      maybe you) would give a half hour tutorial on a specific technology.
      The topics could range from "DC motor speed control", to "What tools
      you need in your toolbox", to "How to make your robot jump
      using pneumatics". After the tutorial, we can get our hands dirty.
      All skill levels are welcome.

      I have no idea how many people will be interested in this. So, it
      might be a huge group, or it might be just you and I. Either way, it
      sounds like fun to me.

      If you're interested, just send a message to
      zsradding@...

      I look forward to hearing from you,

      Zach Radding
      http://www.buildcoolstuff.com

    • David Chilcott
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 22, 2001
        I'm interested... but I can't do Monday nights.
        I even have a place I can offer for the meetings (in North Oakland near Emeryville  - but not on Monday nights).
        Other nights possible? Tuesdays or Wednesdays work best for me.

        D ;-)
        At 04:49 PM 2/22/2001 +0000, you wrote:
        Sounds good.
        Count me in.

        Dennis

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Click here for Classmates.com

        Be sure to visit our web site at http://www.robots.org.

        -- David Chilcott

        "Those who are dancing appear insane to those who can not hear the music."
        Outformations, Inc.                  510-655-7122 Voice
        939 - 61st Street, #13              510-655-7133 Fax
        Oakland, CA 94608                 drc@...

        http://www.outformations.com

        -- Collaborative Design and Software Development --

      • ken.callegari@juno.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 22, 2001
          Sounds good. Count me in.
          -Ken
        • sgc@dolby.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 28, 2001
            --- In sfrsa@y..., zsradding@y... wrote:
            > Do you have a desire to build cool stuff (robotics, electronics...)?
            > Do you need an excuse to get out of the house once a week?
            > Do you live in the East Bay (or are you willing to drive there)?
            > If you answered yes to any of the above questions then keep
            reading...

            I'm interested but MOnday night are out for me. In fact only
            Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday would work.

            Stan
          • spertus@mills.edu
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 3, 2001
              I'm interested. I teach an electronics course at Mills College
              (Oakland), where we are building robots. We could even meet at
              Mills. I'm not sure Monday nights are best though.
            • David Chilcott