Expo this weekend!

  • mike rushford
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2001
      Subject:
      Expo this weekend!
      Date:
      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:27:21 -0800
      From:
      Bonnie Schulkin <BSchulkin@...>

      Hi, all --

      Thanks so much for signing up to participate in the Chabot Robotics
      Expo!
      There should be good crowds this weekend -- good exposure for your
      robots.

      It would be good if you could get here at about 10:00 a.m. to start
      setting
      up for the expo. If you need directions for how to get here, please
      consult
      http://www.chabotspace.org/visit/directions.asp. Park in the parking
      garage; your parking will validated free of charge. I will leave a list
      of
      exhibitors with the cashiers; you will get in for free, of course. I
      will
      also leave $5 off coupons good for up to four admissions with the
      cashiers
      to discount admission for non-exhibitors. We will be setting up in the
      Astronomy Classroom, which is at the top of the stairs, next door to the

      International Space Station exhibit. Please ask a staff member if you
      need
      help finding the room.

      As a final note, I'd like to mention that response to the expo has been
      disappointingly limited.
      As you know this is nothing formal and it doesn't require any
      preparation --
      it only entails bringing a robot to let people admire! Please spread
      the
      word to your friends. The more robots we have, the more successful the
      event will be.

      All best,
      Bonnie

      Bonnie Schulkin Chabot Space & Science Center
      (510) 336-7363 phone 10000 Skyline Boulevard
      (510) 336-7491 fax Oakland, CA 94619
      bschulkin@...

      --
      Mike
      mailto:mikerushford@... http://eyes-on-the-skies.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21, 2001
        I can bring a mini sumo ring (3 foot dia)
        if some of you want to bring along sumo or
        mini sumo robots!
      • David Calkins - RSA
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 21, 2001
          At 20:42 21-02-01 +0000, robogott@... wrote:

          >I can bring a mini sumo ring (3 foot dia)
          >if some of you want to bring along sumo or
          >mini sumo robots!

          Please do - and bring it on wednesday!

          -David Calkins, President
          Robotics Society of America