R: [sfrsa] interfacing with C

  • Marco Silvestri
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2001
      > I am Looking for a C function or command that will scan the keyboard
      > for
      > a character like 'getch( )' but
      > doesn't need the <enter> key to be pressed, and will return a
      > identifiable character when no key is pressed. Something like the
      > "Inkey$" command in Basic. I need to scan the keyboard for a pressed
      > key, but if nothing is presses for it to continue down the
      > code.
      > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      > James.

      This function is not contained in standard C libraries.
      Sure you can find something looking in the documentation of your compiler,
      Borland Microsoft or whatever else.
      Otherwise, if you code in free environment with GCC, you need a library with
      the header named "termios.h". Here things are slightly more complicated
      because in these environments you can have many consoles, so you
      need to have the focus always in the same console.
      Good luck

      Marco

      BN3 Hosted Customer Service Solution, basic service FREE.
      CRM enable your web site in 5 minutes! http://www.bn3.com