RoboMaxx 5

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2011

       RoboMaxx is THIS SATURDAY!!!!!   This RoboMaxx is shaping up to be one of the best ever.  When we started planning this event, we didn't expect it to be much more than a few of our own members competing and having some fun, but it has escalated to much more than that. We have over $1000 in prizes to give away, we also have Swag bags to give away to the first 100 to 200 visitors which include free back issues of Servo magazine, and a bunch of other cool things!
      We're expecting a visit from a full size replica of R2D2 and many other Star Wars characters. We're expecting 5 robot related vendors to be selling their wares, robots from the F.I.R.S.T. leagues of Medford, Ashland, and K-Fals, reps from Science Works museum w/their robot boy and tons of other great robot stuff!

      This is your 1 week prep warning to get your robots ready for competition!!!   General admission is $3, but Robotic Competitors and Cosplayers will get free admission, so bring your robot and at least enter the Open Class event even if it's non-functional!!

      See you there!

      -Dan Gates
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2011

         IT'S FRIDAY!!!!   Tomorrow is RoboMaxx!!!   Have you got your robots ready to compete?  There are some really great prizes that have been donated by vendors and robotic companies across America. Some prizes are worth over $350 by themselves! All prizes are awesome!

         RoboMaxx opens to competitors at 8am tomorrow morning and opens to the public at 10am giving you 2 hours to get ready for the competitions. We will start the day off with some Mini-Sumo rounds, so be prepared to start the rumbles at 10am if you are entering the Sumo competitions!

         Open class robots will need to be on display in the Open Class room where visitors can view and judge. That room will be secure and no one will be allowed to touch your robot, so you'll be free to compete in the other competitions.

         We'll start the line following derby (last man standing) somewhere around 1pm or just after noon.  Line following robots need to be 5" and under for this competition.

        If we have Micro and Nano Sumos show up, we will do our best to fit those in to the competition line-up.

        There will be a Robot maintenance area where you can repair and work on your robots, it will be off limits to anyone not competing, so your robots and tools will be safe there.

        I have to say that I have NO idea how this event will actually turn out, but from the responses I've had so far, it's looking like it'll be one of our better events.

        See you all there!!!

        -Dan Gates

        Please do not reply to this email, I will not be checking it again before RoboMaxx.