Decenber meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2010

      Our next meeting on Saturday, December 11th will be a pivotal meeting for the club. Three Officer positions will be open for election/re-election. The two-year terms for President and Vice President will be expiring and Treasurer position will be open due to a resignation. We encourage all members to be present at this meeting as we vote for the new officers. We also encourage members to nominate suitable candidates for the open positions. You may nominate yourself if you believe you are a suitable candidate. Nominations must be received prior to the next club meeting and will be accepted until the meeting actually begins (10:15 am).

      All candidates must be of legal age (18 years). SORSA Bylaws also require that all Officers remain current on their yearly membership dues. Therefore candidates must be current with their dues or willing to become current if elected. Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with SORSA's Mission Statement and Bylaws prior to the election. Candidates will be given time to speak at the meeting if they so desire as will members wishing to ask questions or voice concerns.

      There is currently one nomination for each of the three positions as follows:

      President - James Cooper (Coop)
      Coop was an active member of the Southern Oregon Robotics Club in Grants Pass and has been an active member of SORSA for the past two years in Medford. He has also been a member of the robotics club at Southern Oregon University and organized RoboMaxx events on campus. He is currently teaching robotics courses at SOU.

      Vice President - Dan Gates (re-election)
      Dan was the original founder and President of the Southern Oregon Robotics Club in Grants Pass in 2001. He has been an active member since that time and has represented the club through presentations at libraries, schools, community events and on local and national television. Dan also organized three RoboMaxx events in the Rogue Valley. He is currently a partner in 1SORC Technologies, LLC which provides electronics consulting services and robotics related products.

      Treasurer - Jessica Ayres
      Jessica has been an active member of SORSA since May 2010. She is a Business Associate at Wells Fargo and a mother of two children, one of which is also an active SORSA member.

      If you would like to nominate someone for any of these positions, please e-mail your nomination to sorobotics@... or present your nomination before 10:15 am at the next meeting on Saturday, December 11th.

      ALSO at our next meeting....

      We will have our annual robotics white elephant gift exchange.  It's been great to see such large turnouts lately, keep it up!

      See you all at the next meeting.

      Doug Gates, President
      Southern Oregon Robotics Society of America