Message from Chabot Space & Science

  • Toni Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2000
      Hi All

      The message below is from Bonnie Schulkin at Chabot Space & Science
      Center. Please reply to her email: bschulkin@....

      Hope to see your robots there!

      Roger G

      *****

      Hello! As many of you know, the Chabot Space and Science Center in
      Oakland
      is sponsoring a robotics theme for January through March of 2001.
      What
      this means is that every Saturday and Sunday for those three months
      we will
      be having activities, demonstrations and speakers related to robotics.

      There are lots of ways you can be involved. Win Williams and Roger
      Gilbertson each have a day devoted to demonstrations of their
      respective
      robots, and we welcome others as well! Please let me know if you're
      interested in showcasing your robot here for a day.

      If you'd like to do something a little less formal, mark this date:
      we're
      going to have a RoboExpo on Saturday, February 24 from 11:00 a.m. to
      4:00
      p.m. Several people have already expressed interest in this at the
      last
      SFRSA meeting. We *do* have a limited amount of space, though, so
      reserve
      your booth early! (Please contact me even if we spoke before -- I
      need to
      know if the date is okay with you.) You can make your booth as
      elaborate
      as you want -- posters, handouts, etc. -- or just bring your robot to
      show
      off.

      If any of the above interests you (or if you have other ideas), please
      don't hesitate to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you!

      Sincerely,
      Bonnie D. Schulkin, Enrichment Coordinator
      Chabot Space & Science Center phone (510) 336-7363
      10000 Skyline Blvd. fax (510) 336-7491
      Oakland, CA 94619 bschulkin@...