SORSA meeting

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2009

       This is a reminder that the SORSA meeting is this coming Saturday the 12th at 10:00am at Kids Unlimited in Medford. We will be holding a White Robot (White Elephant) gift exchange. If you wish to participate, just dig through your box of robot junk and find something(s) that can be used to build a robot. Wrap it up in some cheap wrapping and bring it. Everyone who brings an gift will be allowed to participate.  The goal of this is to use the parts you receive to build a robot by next years exchange and the best (voted) robot from these parts wins a real prize.

       Please remember that the value of the items should be very little and rarely new. Screwdriver sets and things that can't actually be used in a robot should not be considered for the exchange. Here's a list of the type of things that work good for this:
      Old Wheels pulled off old toys
      Plastic domes
      Easter egg halves (used for head or body of robot
      Motors pulled from old electronics
      Gears and chains
      Aluminum tubing
      Chunks of brass and or aluminum
      various sensors from old toys like the furby
      Old robot toys that can be hacked for parts
      etc

       This is just a small list, but you get the idea... IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING THAT CAN BE USED IN THE BUILDING OF A ROBOT!!

      Our president Doug will not be able to attend and if some freakish snow storm hits, there is a possibility that the meeting will be canceled. Please check emails before heading to the meeting this week just in case.

      -Dan

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2010

         This is a reminder that there will be a SORSA meeting this Saturday the 9th at the Kids Unlimited building in Medford. Starts at 10am.

        Hope to see you all there.

        -Dan