Free trip to Japan for robot sumo event.

  • David Calkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2008
      So, The all-Japan 3kg sumo tournament is Dec 21st in Tokyo.

      Fujisoft gave me 2 seats to go, all expenses, but Simone is pregnant and due
      about then, so I'm giving away the tix.

      Want 'em?

      You gotta win 'em.

      MAIL me your 3kg sumo (not 500g), so it arrives by the morning of Dec 5th.
      Include pre-paid return for the package. On Dec 6th, I'll compete them all in a
      normal sumo bracket. Don't have a 3kg sumo? You can build one in 3 weeks...

      The top two robots each get one ticket to Japan. You will need a passport and
      time off work to go. This is going to be totally merit based. It's not random.
      Best two robots go.

      Email me directly for more details.

      --

      -David E. Calkins
      SFSU Robotics Engineering and Robotics Outreach
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2008
        Dave,
        Can we barrow a robot to compete?? If so, can I barrow one of yours;-)

        I'd love to go, what an opportunity!

        -Dan Gates