Re: KicChip

  • woodr_2
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2008
      Hey Michael:

      I am new to this list - so hi everyone!
      Those IC's look neat, I assume they are just PICS with some
      pre-programmed interpreter, or partitioned off area where KicChip puts
      some of their lower-level stuff. Does / do any of those packages
      allow for hardware or timer interrupts? When you mention the 20 mhz /
      frequencies, is that internal, or can we speed it up with an external
      resonator?

      I like BASIC. I was afraid of having to learn assembly. On the other
      hand, do many robotics people in here program in assembly, or is the
      consensus that its more of a waste of time to learn and troubleshoot?
      As a bit of background, I have have already used a language called
      BASIC18 with a PIC18F - so I am somewhat familiar with the PIC - just
      not hardcore'ly familiar with it. I want to program a PID controller
      that ideally can handle a few servo motors, as well as generate
      simplistic motion profiles (trapezoid). Has anyone done this / what
      processor?

      Best,
      Ryan