Need spinning table for project.

  • g0042
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2008
      I need a table (perhaps 2 feet across) which can be controlled so
      that it spins between 0 and 100 rpm.

      It doesn't need to be very strong. I want to put lego figures on it
      to make an animated show using a strobe light. (Each figure is
      positioned slightly differently so the strobe light causes it to look
      like the figures are moving.)

      I'd be willing to pay $100 if someone can make me one. I'm hoping
      it's a reasonably simple thing to do if you know how.

      If you have a counter proposal then feel free to let me know. I don't
      know how fast the table needs to spin to create the animation effect,
      so I just chose 100 rpm arbitrarily. A smaller table might also be
      acceptable if that's a problem.

      Feel free to contact me at:
      crazySpin at g42.org
    • Terry Kremin
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2008
        how about an old turn table from a thrift/junk shop? 33/45/68 rpm settings, or you could probably replace that switch with a potentiometer/rheostat and have greater speed control. just glue whatever size platform you need to the platter, and remove the swing arm.

        They are usually dirt cheap -

        Terry Kremin, Ph.D.
        www.neuralplasticity.org
        Terry@...

        "If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature,
        but by our institutions, great is our sin."
              -- Charles Darwin

        crazySpin at g42.org