KicChip

  • michaelcollier
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20 8:10 AM
      Hi

      Here is a new Micro Controller (PIC Based) that should interest robot
      enthusiasts.

      http://www.kicchip.co.uk

      It uses a simple 3 wire inteface to connect to computer - so no need
      for extra expensive programming hardware.

      The development software is free to download and includes flowchart
      design tool.

      It can handle various robotic type devices such as Motors, Servos,
      Lights etc.

      Michael Collier
      KicChip
    • woodr_2
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2008
        Hey Michael:

        I am new to this list - so hi everyone!
        Those IC's look neat, I assume they are just PICS with some
        pre-programmed interpreter, or partitioned off area where KicChip puts
        some of their lower-level stuff. Does / do any of those packages
        allow for hardware or timer interrupts? When you mention the 20 mhz /
        frequencies, is that internal, or can we speed it up with an external
        resonator?

        I like BASIC. I was afraid of having to learn assembly. On the other
        hand, do many robotics people in here program in assembly, or is the
        consensus that its more of a waste of time to learn and troubleshoot?
        As a bit of background, I have have already used a language called
        BASIC18 with a PIC18F - so I am somewhat familiar with the PIC - just
        not hardcore'ly familiar with it. I want to program a PID controller
        that ideally can handle a few servo motors, as well as generate
        simplistic motion profiles (trapezoid). Has anyone done this / what
        processor?

        Best,
        Ryan