3 Great Robot Events - ComBots Cup, RoboExotica, and RoboGames 2008

  • David Calkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2008
      Got a robot? We've got an event for you! There are THREE events coming up
      in the next two months:

      ComBots Cup III (combat only)
      May 3-4, San Mateo Fairgrounds (Maker Faire)

      RoboExotica USA (bartending and artbots only)
      May 10, 111 Minna, San Francisco

      RoboGames 2008 (70+ different robot events!)
      June 13-15, Ft. Mason, San Francisco
      And get Trading Cards for your robot!

      An event for everyone! Read below to find out details on each event.

      Details, event by event:

      It's back! If you've got a combat robot, we've got an arena! Open to
      robots 30 pounds to 340 pounds, it's your chance to warm up for RoboGames
      and compete for the glory of holding the ComBots Cup for the next year.
      Since the event is held at Maker Faire, you not only get to compete, but
      you get to check out some of the best builders in the country. You've
      still got 2 weeks to register, so if you've got a combat robot, we want to
      see you this May 3-4 in San Mateo.

      Some photos:

      Register Here:

      Cocktails, art, and bars. It's like heaven, only without the harps.
      Started 10 years ago in Vienna, this is the first time the show comes to
      America. If you've got a bar-bot, this is your chance to show it off - it
      can deliver beer, mix drinks, or just hang out and hit on girls. We'd also
      like to see your art robots. Whether it hangs on a wall stands against
      one, this is really fun show and exhibit. The opening party is May 10th in
      SF, but your bots will get to stick around and be seen by gallery-goers.

      Some photos:

      Register by emailing me: dave@...

      ROBOGAMES 2008
      RoboGames, the world's largest open robot competition, invites mechanics,
      closet machinists, artists and engineers of all ages, skills and means to
      compete at RoboGames this June. RoboGames is listed in the Guinness book
      of records as the world's largest robot competition, and we want you to be
      a part of it! Yes! There is still time to register your robot.

      "My robot?, Why, it�s just a dorky little thing made out of spoonstraws and
      a BASIC stamp!"

      That doesn't matter at RoboGames! With over different 70 events to choose
      from, any robot, in any form, is welcome to compete! From art robots to
      autonomous navigation, robot sumo to fire fighting, even bots that don't
      fit into any category can register for "best of show."

      The event is open to anyone, not just university students, professionals,
      or other schools. Some of the finest builders are garage mechanics and
      backyard experimenters, but RoboGames also hosts professional engineers,
      robotics companies, and other organized teams. RoboGames also encourages
      young engineers to come out and show their stuff, so we made more than 10
      events just for under-18 events with NO registration fees!

      Participants will be joining an international field of competitors (over 30
      countries were represented last year) and competing for the prestigious
      gold, silver and bronze medals awarded in every event! RoboGames is an
      excellent opportunity to indulge mechanical know-how, adapt science
      fetishes for good and come out and play among fellow makers, thinkers and

      Registration closes in one and a half months, but don't wait! The event
      opens to the public June 13-15th, and fills the stands with people eager to
      see your bot.

      Some photos:

      Register here:

      GET YOUR VERY OWN TRADING CARDS. We've brokered a deal with a local
      printing company to make trading cards for robots that compete at RoboGames
      - past and present. If you'd like your own trading cards for this years
      RoboGams, order by May 25th. Full details and ordering link here: