Robot Club Meeting In Grants Pass Saturday

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 10, 2008

      Happy New Year!

      MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
      Robotics club will be held this Saturday January 12th
      at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
      6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

      Hopefully we'll see some outstanding progress on the
      LineBots again this month. Rocky had made major gains
      on his stepper motor driver with the Mega8 chip.
      He'll be discussing what he's been doing and provide
      an "impressive demonstration" and "technical
      discussion". Remember that Rocky! :) I think Richard
      has also tackled a new Atmel project. He's making a
      stand alone servo tester and will hopefully have that
      to show us.

      As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" time for
      anything you are working on. So bring your projects
      to the meeting! Also remember that this time can be
      used to announce events of interest or for just about
      anything else that is robotics related. For example:
      If you have stumbled into a particularly interesting
      website or scrounged a really cool part from some
      piece of junk, please share it with everyone. The
      only restriction is that it needs to have some
      connection to robotics.

      BringYourBots and Eat Some Pizza!!!

      ...John

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2008

        MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
        Robotics club will be held this Saturday May 10th
        at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass.  The address is 1465 NE
        6th St, Grants Pass.  The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

        The meeting will focus on the Stepper Drive Challenge.
        For anyone that missed the last meeting, please come
        and get up to date on this.  There is still time to
        enter the project and win a Parallax Digital
        Oscilloscope!  The prize was to be awarded at this months meeting, but at the request of several members, we will delay until the June meeting.  With this in mind, you still have a chance to join in the challenge and win a nice scope for your workbench.  For more information, check out the discussions on the LineBot forum at:

        As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" time for
        anything you are working on so bring your projects
        to the meeting!  Also remember that this time can be
        used to announce events of interest or for just about
        anything else that is robotics related.  For
        example...

        If you have stumbled into a particularly interesting
        website or scrounged a really cool part from some
        piece of junk, please share it with everyone.  The
        only restriction is that it needs to have some
        connection to robotics.

        BringYourBots and Eat Some Pizza!!!

        See ya Saturday   ...John

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 9 5:53 PM

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 9 6:15 PM

            MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
            Robotics club will be held this Saturday July 12th
            at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass.  The address is 1465 NE
            6th St, Grants Pass.  The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

            We will probably visit the Stepper Drive Challenge again briefly as I expect those that didn't quite finish their projects last month will be ready to give impressive demonstrations of their work this month.  :-)

            Gary presented a new challenge at the end of the meeting last month.  The challenge is to demonstrate serial communications using your choice of Atmel processors.  The objective is to establish both transmission and reception of text between your STK or other project board and a laptop running a terminal program.  A great terminal program for this kind of thing is posted on the LineBot forum at:

            Someone meeting this challenge using the Tiny13 "just might" win a nice little prize for their efforts!

            This will be my last month sending out these meeting notices.  I have been doing this for several years and think it's time to pass the torch.  I hope someone will step up to take this over at the meeting.

            As always, we will have "Show and Tell" time at the meeting for
            anything you are working on.  So bring your projects
            to the meeting!  Also remember that this time can be
            used to announce events of interest or for just about
            anything else that is robotics related.

            Bring your bots, eat some pizza, and have a great time.

            See ya there!   ...John