Robot Club Meeting In Grants Pass This Saturday

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 6, 2007

      MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
      Robotics club will be held this Saturday December 8th
      at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
      6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

      The clubs founder Dan Gates has moved back to
      civilization from Canada and will be the guest speaker
      at this months meeting. Dan had intended to make the
      last meeting, but something unexpected came up. I
      just got off the phone with him and provided there
      isn't a blizzard or something, he will join us this
      Saturday. He'll be bringing along his home built CNC
      milling machine for a demo. He's also bringing his
      mine sweeping robot, which should be very interesting.
      This was a big thing in Canada and Dan would like to
      stimulate some activity here.

      Several people have made major progress on their
      LineBots so I'm sure we'll be hearing and seeing lots
      about that.

      As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
      anything you are working on to share with the group.

      BringYourBots!!! ...John

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 10 10:09 PM

        MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
        Robotics club will be held this Saturday April 12th
        at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
        6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

        The meeting will focus on the Stepper Drive Challenge.
        For anyone that missed the last meeting, please come
        and get up to date on this. There is still time to
        enter the project and win a Parallax Digital
        Oscilloscope! The prize will be awarded at the May
        meeting. Here's your chance to learn about stepper
        driving with the Tiny13 and win a cool scope.
        Discussion of this project is on the LineBot forum at:

        At the moment I'm (John) sick so I might not make the
        meeting. If I make it I have a lot of cool stuff to
        bring including the LynxMotion hexapod we talked about
        last month. Other good stuff too. Hope to see you
        there!

        As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" time for
        anything you are working on so bring your projects
        to the meeting! Also remember that this time can be
        used to announce events of interest or for just about
        anything else that is robotics related. For
        example...

        If you have stumbled into a particularly interesting
        website or scrounged a really cool part from some
        piece of junk, please share it with everyone. The
        only restriction is that it needs to have some
        connection to robotics.

        BringYourBots and Eat Some Pizza!!!

        ...John

        http://mail.yahoo.com