Robot Club Meeting In Grants Pass This Saturday

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 10, 2007
      Roboteers,

      MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
      Robotics club will be held this Saturday October 13th
      at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
      6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

      I'm not sure what the focus of the meeting is this
      month, but I'm sure it will be fun as usual. :)

      As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
      your LineBot and anything else you are working on to
      share with the group.

      BringYourBots!!! ...John

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 6, 2007
        Roboteers,

        MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
        Robotics club will be held this Saturday December 8th
        at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
        6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

        The clubs founder Dan Gates has moved back to
        civilization from Canada and will be the guest speaker
        at this months meeting. Dan had intended to make the
        last meeting, but something unexpected came up. I
        just got off the phone with him and provided there
        isn't a blizzard or something, he will join us this
        Saturday. He'll be bringing along his home built CNC
        milling machine for a demo. He's also bringing his
        mine sweeping robot, which should be very interesting.
        This was a big thing in Canada and Dan would like to
        stimulate some activity here.

        Several people have made major progress on their
        LineBots so I'm sure we'll be hearing and seeing lots
        about that.

        As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
        anything you are working on to share with the group.

        BringYourBots!!! ...John

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 10, 2008
          Roboteers,

          MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
          Robotics club will be held this Saturday April 12th
          at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
          6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

          The meeting will focus on the Stepper Drive Challenge.
          For anyone that missed the last meeting, please come
          and get up to date on this. There is still time to
          enter the project and win a Parallax Digital
          Oscilloscope! The prize will be awarded at the May
          meeting. Here's your chance to learn about stepper
          driving with the Tiny13 and win a cool scope.
          Discussion of this project is on the LineBot forum at:

          At the moment I'm (John) sick so I might not make the
          meeting. If I make it I have a lot of cool stuff to
          bring including the LynxMotion hexapod we talked about
          last month. Other good stuff too. Hope to see you
          there!

          As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" time for
          anything you are working on so bring your projects
          to the meeting! Also remember that this time can be
          used to announce events of interest or for just about
          anything else that is robotics related. For
          example...

          If you have stumbled into a particularly interesting
          website or scrounged a really cool part from some
          piece of junk, please share it with everyone. The
          only restriction is that it needs to have some
          connection to robotics.

          BringYourBots and Eat Some Pizza!!!

          ...John

          http://mail.yahoo.com