Robot Club Meeting In Grants Pass Saturday

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2007
      Roboteers,

      MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
      Robotics club will be held this Saturday September 8th
      at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
      6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

      At the last meeting we delivered the first batch of
      LineBot kits. Hopefully, those that received them
      have them up and running with at least the test code.
      I have just completed another dozen kits so anyone
      that was not able to get one at the last meeting
      should be able to get one this time. The price
      remains the same at $15 for the board with SMT parts
      installed and the through hole parts in a bag. I
      still have some of the Solarbotics GM-10 motors with
      wheels and tires for $10.

      Hopefully, at least some of you have been working on
      your own code for the bot. I have not seen much
      activity on the forum. I hope that is not an
      indication of progress! :) At this meeting we will
      discuss the schematic and some basic aspects of
      programming. The explanation of circuit operation
      should be enormously helpful to anyone writing code so
      you don't want to miss this meeting. I hope those
      that have made some programming progress will share
      their experience with the group. I'll bring my line
      follower board for anyone that wants to show off their
      work.

      As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
      your LineBot and anything else you are working on to
      share with the group.

      BringYourBots!!! ...John

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 10, 2008
        Roboteers,

        Happy New Year!

        MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
        Robotics club will be held this Saturday January 12th
        at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
        6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

        Hopefully we'll see some outstanding progress on the
        LineBots again this month. Rocky had made major gains
        on his stepper motor driver with the Mega8 chip.
        He'll be discussing what he's been doing and provide
        an "impressive demonstration" and "technical
        discussion". Remember that Rocky! :) I think Richard
        has also tackled a new Atmel project. He's making a
        stand alone servo tester and will hopefully have that
        to show us.

        As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" time for
        anything you are working on. So bring your projects
        to the meeting! Also remember that this time can be
        used to announce events of interest or for just about
        anything else that is robotics related. For example:
        If you have stumbled into a particularly interesting
        website or scrounged a really cool part from some
        piece of junk, please share it with everyone. The
        only restriction is that it needs to have some
        connection to robotics.

        BringYourBots and Eat Some Pizza!!!

        ...John

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        Message 3 of 6 , May 7, 2008

          Roboteers,

          MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
          Robotics club will be held this Saturday May 10th
          at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass.  The address is 1465 NE
          6th St, Grants Pass.  The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

          The meeting will focus on the Stepper Drive Challenge.
          For anyone that missed the last meeting, please come
          and get up to date on this.  There is still time to
          enter the project and win a Parallax Digital
          Oscilloscope!  The prize was to be awarded at this months meeting, but at the request of several members, we will delay until the June meeting.  With this in mind, you still have a chance to join in the challenge and win a nice scope for your workbench.  For more information, check out the discussions on the LineBot forum at:

          As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" time for
          anything you are working on so bring your projects
          to the meeting!  Also remember that this time can be
          used to announce events of interest or for just about
          anything else that is robotics related.  For
          example...

          If you have stumbled into a particularly interesting
          website or scrounged a really cool part from some
          piece of junk, please share it with everyone.  The
          only restriction is that it needs to have some
          connection to robotics.

          BringYourBots and Eat Some Pizza!!!

          See ya Saturday   ...John

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 9, 2008

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 9, 2008
              Roboteers,

              MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
              Robotics club will be held this Saturday July 12th
              at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass.  The address is 1465 NE
              6th St, Grants Pass.  The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

              We will probably visit the Stepper Drive Challenge again briefly as I expect those that didn't quite finish their projects last month will be ready to give impressive demonstrations of their work this month.  :-)

              Gary presented a new challenge at the end of the meeting last month.  The challenge is to demonstrate serial communications using your choice of Atmel processors.  The objective is to establish both transmission and reception of text between your STK or other project board and a laptop running a terminal program.  A great terminal program for this kind of thing is posted on the LineBot forum at:

              Someone meeting this challenge using the Tiny13 "just might" win a nice little prize for their efforts!

              This will be my last month sending out these meeting notices.  I have been doing this for several years and think it's time to pass the torch.  I hope someone will step up to take this over at the meeting.

              As always, we will have "Show and Tell" time at the meeting for
              anything you are working on.  So bring your projects
              to the meeting!  Also remember that this time can be
              used to announce events of interest or for just about
              anything else that is robotics related.

              Bring your bots, eat some pizza, and have a great time.

              See ya there!   ...John