PDXbot.07 announcement

  • Larry Geib
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2007
      Get your robots ready, PDXbot.07 is less than two months away!

      The Portland Area Robotics Society will be hosting PDXbot.07 this
      May 19 and 20 at a new venue, the Lloyd center Doubletree Hotel and
      Exhibit Center. The new venue, at 17,000 sq. ft, is over twice the
      size of the old Smith Ballroom site, so we have lots of room for new
      events, exhibits, and robot demonstrations.

      we are offering the following competitions:

      May 19-- at the Doubletree Hotel:

      SRS line maze competition--A new contest for us, same rules as at
      Seattle's Robothon, You old hands get another chance to compete,
      while we get to learn.

      Sumo- Contests will be held in four classes this year: Nano, Micro,
      Beginner's Mini,and advanced Mini. No hold down devices (vacuum
      or magnets) will be allowed in any class.

      Line Following- We are offering Beginning and advanced versions of this
      contest. If we have enough contestants, we'll have head-to-head racing!

      Walker Race- You have to make a 180ยบ turn halfway, and it's whoever
      is the fastest that wins.

      Talent Show- If you have a neat robot, bring it and show it off. If the
      judges like your robot, you could walk off with a prize!

      DORKBOTS -people doing strange things with electricity (in
      portland)- will be joining us and sponsoring a contest as well- to
      make a robot that makes art. The robot AND the art will be judged.
      Show us your artistic side.

      We'll also have a nice array of vendor displays and tech demos so you
      can see the latest in robotics fist hand
      With our expanded space, we be able to include demonstrations from
      FIRST, Vex, First LEGO, and area Universities.

      May 20-- again on the Portland State University South Park blocks,
      right in back of the Smith Center

      SRS-RoboMagellan-- Seattle Robotics Society rules, Portland
      environment. Get those
      sensors working! all cones but the final cone will be optional bonus
      cones. this is a great contest in the real world, don't miss it!

      Check pdxbot.org for the latest rules and updates, and mark your
      calendar.
      Get your robots ready!