Robot Club Meeting In Grants Pass This Saturday

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 9, 2007
      Roboteers,

      MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
      Robotics club will be held this Saturday March 10th
      at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
      6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

      This will be a "Show and Tell" meeting! Bring along
      anything you are working on to share with the group.

      BringYourBots!!! ...John

      Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 7, 2007
        Roboteers,

        MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
        Robotics club will be held this Saturday June 9th
        at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
        6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

        Those of you that were at the last meeting saw Kevins
        old flame throwing robot. He is doing a total
        overhaul of that robot for his senior project at OIT.
        He has made HUGE progress on the robot since the last
        meeting and will be showing it again this month.
        Among other things, he has completed the rolling
        platform using the new Lynxmotion tracks and some
        powerful gearmotors. He should have it powered up for
        a great demo.

        We'll also be talking about a new kind of line
        follower that you can develop using an Atmel Tiny13
        chip and the STK500 development board that many of us
        just got. This should be an interesting challenge for
        those of you that want to get up to speed on the Atmel
        chips.

        As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 10, 2007
          Roboteers,

          MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
          Robotics club will be held this Saturday October 13th
          at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
          6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

          I'm not sure what the focus of the meeting is this
          month, but I'm sure it will be fun as usual. :)

          As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
          your LineBot and anything else you are working on to
          share with the group.

          BringYourBots!!! ...John

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 6, 2007
            Roboteers,

            MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
            Robotics club will be held this Saturday December 8th
            at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
            6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

            The clubs founder Dan Gates has moved back to
            civilization from Canada and will be the guest speaker
            at this months meeting. Dan had intended to make the
            last meeting, but something unexpected came up. I
            just got off the phone with him and provided there
            isn't a blizzard or something, he will join us this
            Saturday. He'll be bringing along his home built CNC
            milling machine for a demo. He's also bringing his
            mine sweeping robot, which should be very interesting.
            This was a big thing in Canada and Dan would like to
            stimulate some activity here.

            Several people have made major progress on their
            LineBots so I'm sure we'll be hearing and seeing lots
            about that.

            As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
            anything you are working on to share with the group.

            BringYourBots!!! ...John

            Be a better friend, newshound, and
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 10, 2008
              Roboteers,

              MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
              Robotics club will be held this Saturday April 12th
              at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
              6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

              The meeting will focus on the Stepper Drive Challenge.
              For anyone that missed the last meeting, please come
              and get up to date on this. There is still time to
              enter the project and win a Parallax Digital
              Oscilloscope! The prize will be awarded at the May
              meeting. Here's your chance to learn about stepper
              driving with the Tiny13 and win a cool scope.
              Discussion of this project is on the LineBot forum at:

              At the moment I'm (John) sick so I might not make the
              meeting. If I make it I have a lot of cool stuff to
              bring including the LynxMotion hexapod we talked about
              last month. Other good stuff too. Hope to see you
              there!

              As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" time for
              anything you are working on so bring your projects
              to the meeting! Also remember that this time can be
              used to announce events of interest or for just about
              anything else that is robotics related. For
              example...

              If you have stumbled into a particularly interesting
              website or scrounged a really cool part from some
              piece of junk, please share it with everyone. The
              only restriction is that it needs to have some
              connection to robotics.

              BringYourBots and Eat Some Pizza!!!

              ...John

              http://mail.yahoo.com