Robot Club Meeting In Grants Pass This Saturday

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 12, 2007
      Roboteers,

      MEETING: Southeren Oregon Robotics will have it's
      monthly meeting this Saturday (January 13th) at Pizza
      Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 Ne 6th St,
      Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

      Last meeting there was a lot of interest and
      discussion about line followers. Hopefully we will
      see a bunch of new line following bots at this
      meeting!

      As always... Bring along anything you are working on
      for show-n-tell. You "are" working on something
      right?

      BringYourBots!!! ...John

      Be a PS3 game guru.
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 9, 2007
        Roboteers,

        MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
        Robotics club will be held this Saturday March 10th
        at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
        6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

        This will be a "Show and Tell" meeting! Bring along
        anything you are working on to share with the group.

        BringYourBots!!! ...John

        Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 7, 2007
          Roboteers,

          MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
          Robotics club will be held this Saturday June 9th
          at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
          6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

          Those of you that were at the last meeting saw Kevins
          old flame throwing robot. He is doing a total
          overhaul of that robot for his senior project at OIT.
          He has made HUGE progress on the robot since the last
          meeting and will be showing it again this month.
          Among other things, he has completed the rolling
          platform using the new Lynxmotion tracks and some
          powerful gearmotors. He should have it powered up for
          a great demo.

          We'll also be talking about a new kind of line
          follower that you can develop using an Atmel Tiny13
          chip and the STK500 development board that many of us
          just got. This should be an interesting challenge for
          those of you that want to get up to speed on the Atmel
          chips.

          As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 10, 2007
            Roboteers,

            MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
            Robotics club will be held this Saturday October 13th
            at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
            6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

            I'm not sure what the focus of the meeting is this
            month, but I'm sure it will be fun as usual. :)

            As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
            your LineBot and anything else you are working on to
            share with the group.

            BringYourBots!!! ...John

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 6 8:23 PM
              Roboteers,

              MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
              Robotics club will be held this Saturday December 8th
              at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
              6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

              The clubs founder Dan Gates has moved back to
              civilization from Canada and will be the guest speaker
              at this months meeting. Dan had intended to make the
              last meeting, but something unexpected came up. I
              just got off the phone with him and provided there
              isn't a blizzard or something, he will join us this
              Saturday. He'll be bringing along his home built CNC
              milling machine for a demo. He's also bringing his
              mine sweeping robot, which should be very interesting.
              This was a big thing in Canada and Dan would like to
              stimulate some activity here.

              Several people have made major progress on their
              LineBots so I'm sure we'll be hearing and seeing lots
              about that.

              As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
              anything you are working on to share with the group.

              BringYourBots!!! ...John

              Be a better friend, newshound, and
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 10, 2008
                Roboteers,

                MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
                Robotics club will be held this Saturday April 12th
                at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
                6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

                The meeting will focus on the Stepper Drive Challenge.
                For anyone that missed the last meeting, please come
                and get up to date on this. There is still time to
                enter the project and win a Parallax Digital
                Oscilloscope! The prize will be awarded at the May
                meeting. Here's your chance to learn about stepper
                driving with the Tiny13 and win a cool scope.
                Discussion of this project is on the LineBot forum at:

                At the moment I'm (John) sick so I might not make the
                meeting. If I make it I have a lot of cool stuff to
                bring including the LynxMotion hexapod we talked about
                last month. Other good stuff too. Hope to see you
                there!

                As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" time for
                anything you are working on so bring your projects
                to the meeting! Also remember that this time can be
                used to announce events of interest or for just about
                anything else that is robotics related. For
                example...

                If you have stumbled into a particularly interesting
                website or scrounged a really cool part from some
                piece of junk, please share it with everyone. The
                only restriction is that it needs to have some
                connection to robotics.

                BringYourBots and Eat Some Pizza!!!

                ...John

                http://mail.yahoo.com