Re: [rsa] Brushless alternative to Brushed Dewalt/HF Motors

  • David Flynn
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
      Have you looked at www.hackerbrushless.com?
      They are expensive, but have good torque from zero rpm up.  Just don't over current or over heat them.  Using PWM they will even lock in position and act like a stepper at low rpm.

      Dave Flynn

      P.S. I'm new here.  Is there a club that meets in the L.A. area?

      On Dec 4, 2006, at 5:28 PM, Pete Miles wrote:

      I am curious, why is it so important to have a brushless motor?

      The only ones that I am aware of that has some serious power (for the hobbiest) are the Astro 040 Brushless Motor www.astroflight.com

      Pete

      From: "Andy del Hierro" <andy.delhierro@gmail.com>
      To: sfrsa@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [rsa] Dewalt Motors
      Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 08:09:16 -0800

      I buy most of all my tools for work from Harbor Freight. That have a great
      warranty and good selection. Yah there cheap but there cheap ;).

      Andy

      --
      Andy del Hierro
      Gamekiller

      To be one ask one?
      /}
      @#####{G]::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
      \}

      age, and price. Try it!

    • Pete Miles
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
        Brushless motors are generally designed for long term and efficient applications.  Drill motors are designed for short term intermitent operation, high torque, and are not very efficient.  Which is probably why it is hard to find similar brushless motors of the same physical size delivering the same torque that a drill motor provides.  Also, high current, reversible, speed controllers for brushless motors are hard to find and build.  Also, they are considerably more expensive than brushed motors.

        Another place to look at is www.aveox.com

        Pete

        --
        Andy del Hierro
        Gamekiller

        To be one ask one?
        /}
        \}

        MSN Shopping has everything on your holiday list. Get expert picks by
        style,
        age, and price. Try it!

        http://shopping. msn.com/content/ shp/?ctId= 8000,ptnrid= 176,ptnrdata= 200601&tcode= wlmtagline

        Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN Radio powered
        by Pandora http://radio. msn.com/? icid=T002MSN03A0 7001

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.