Re: [rsa] Dewalt Motors

  • David Calkins
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
      I've used the dirt cheap $29 18V's from Harbor Freight. They're
      certainly not as good as the Dewalts, but they do well for pushing a
      robot around.

      Quoting D K <dktkd@...>:

      > Hello Everyone,
      >
      > I was wondering if anyone familiar with dewalt drill motors,
      > know if there is a comprabable brushless motor with
      > the same size, performance and available gearbox..
      >
      > I'm looking to replace the 18 V Dewalts/gearbox that I have used before.
      >
      > If you are not familiar with the dewalts this website has some info.
      >
      > http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_dewalt.html
      > http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_mechanical.html
      >
      > Thanks,
      > DK

      > Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now.
      > http://ideas.live.com
      >

      > SF robot meetings are at 7PM on the first Wednesday of the month at
      > SFSU's Science bldg - 1600 Holloway, room SCI 256.
      >
      > http://www.robotics-society.org/images/sfsu_map.gif
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • D K
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1 11:57 AM
        Thanks for the tip David.
        Are there any brushless motors that that are comprabable to
        the Dewalt?
        I've seen big brushless motors that can do the job,
        but nothing that is as small as the dewalts.

        DK

        Quoting D K <dktkd@...>:

        > Hello Everyone,
        >
        > I was wondering if anyone familiar with dewalt drill motors,
        > know if there is a comprabable brushless motor with
        > the same size, performance and available gearbox..
        >
        > I'm looking to replace the 18 V Dewalts/gearbox that I have used before.
        >
        > If you are not familiar with the dewalts this website has some info.
        >
        > http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_dewalt.html
        > http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_mechanical.html
        >
        > Thanks,
        > DK

        > Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now.
        > http://ideas.live.com
        >

        > SF robot meetings are at 7PM on the first Wednesday of the month at
        > SFSU's Science bldg - 1600 Holloway, room SCI 256.
        >
        > http://www.robotics-society.org/images/sfsu_map.gif
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Microsoft Office Live
      • David Calkins
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1 12:44 PM
          The harbor freights are almost the exact size of teh dewalts.

          Just not the torque

          Quoting D K <dktkd@...>:

          > Thanks for the tip David.
          > Are there any brushless motors that that are comprabable to
          > the Dewalt?
          > I've seen big brushless motors that can do the job,
          > but nothing that is as small as the dewalts.
          >
          > DK

        • Camp Peavy
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2 7:56 AM

            Camp

            Quoting D K <dktkd@hotmail. com>:

            > Hello Everyone,
            >
            > I was wondering if anyone familiar with dewalt drill motors,
            > know if there is a comprabable brushless motor with
            > the same size, performance and available gearbox..
            >
            > I'm looking to replace the 18 V Dewalts/gearbox that I have used before.
            >
            > If you are not familiar with the dewalts this website has some info.
            >
            > http://www.robotmar ketplace. com/marketplace_ dewalt.html
            > http://www.robotmar ketplace. com/marketplace_ mechanical. html
            >
            > Thanks,
            > DK

            > Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now.
            > http://ideas. live.com
            >

            > SF robot meetings are at 7PM on the first Wednesday of the month at
            > SFSU's Science bldg - 1600 Holloway, room SCI 256.
            >
            > http://www.robotics -society. org/images/ sfsu_map. gif
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Andy del Hierro
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2 8:09 AM
              I buy most of all my tools for work from Harbor Freight.  That have a great warranty and good selection.  Yah there cheap but there cheap ;).

              Andy

              On 12/2/06, Camp Peavy <cpeavy2@...> wrote:

              Camp

              --
              Andy del Hierro
              Gamekiller

              To be one ask one?
                             /}
              @#####{G]::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
                             \}
            • D K
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4 12:17 PM
                Thanks guys.
                I like harbor freight as well.

                But I'm pretty sure that their drill
                motors are brushed.

                I'm looking for a "brushless" equivalent to
                the brushed Dewalt/Harbor Freight motors.

                Cheers.
                Dennis

                --
                Andy del Hierro