Robot Club Meeting In Grants Pass This Saturday

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2006

      MEETING: Southeren Oregon Robotics will have it's
      monthly meeting this Saturday (Sep 9th) at Pizza Hut
      in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 Ne 6th St, Grants
      Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

      Remember to bring your bots bots for a little friendly
      competition again this month. We'll probably do line
      following and sumo. BRING YOUR BOTS!!!

      Hopefully Jon Peterman will dazzle us again with more
      progress on his little six servo walker. I am just
      finishing assembly of a new LynxMotion BRAT humanoid
      (walker). I should have it moving under it's own
      power for the meeting. You won't want to miss this if
      you've seen the BRAT videos at:
      http://www.lynxmotion.com/ViewPage.aspx?ContentCode=videos&CategoryID=17
      This thing is very cool. You better come and check it
      out!

      As always... Bring along anything you are working on
      for show-n-tell! You are working on something right?

      See you there... John

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 12, 2007

        MEETING: Southeren Oregon Robotics will have it's
        monthly meeting this Saturday (January 13th) at Pizza
        Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 Ne 6th St,
        Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

        Last meeting there was a lot of interest and
        discussion about line followers. Hopefully we will
        see a bunch of new line following bots at this
        meeting!

        As always... Bring along anything you are working on
        for show-n-tell. You "are" working on something
        right?

        BringYourBots!!! ...John

        Be a PS3 game guru.
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 9, 2007

          MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
          Robotics club will be held this Saturday March 10th
          at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
          6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

          This will be a "Show and Tell" meeting! Bring along
          anything you are working on to share with the group.

          BringYourBots!!! ...John

          Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 7, 2007

            MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
            Robotics club will be held this Saturday June 9th
            at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
            6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

            Those of you that were at the last meeting saw Kevins
            old flame throwing robot. He is doing a total
            overhaul of that robot for his senior project at OIT.
            He has made HUGE progress on the robot since the last
            meeting and will be showing it again this month.
            Among other things, he has completed the rolling
            platform using the new Lynxmotion tracks and some
            powerful gearmotors. He should have it powered up for
            a great demo.

            We'll also be talking about a new kind of line
            follower that you can develop using an Atmel Tiny13
            chip and the STK500 development board that many of us
            just got. This should be an interesting challenge for
            those of you that want to get up to speed on the Atmel
            chips.

            As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 10, 2007

              MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
              Robotics club will be held this Saturday October 13th
              at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
              6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

              I'm not sure what the focus of the meeting is this
              month, but I'm sure it will be fun as usual. :)

              As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
              your LineBot and anything else you are working on to
              share with the group.

              BringYourBots!!! ...John

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 6, 2007

                MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
                Robotics club will be held this Saturday December 8th
                at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
                6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

                The clubs founder Dan Gates has moved back to
                civilization from Canada and will be the guest speaker
                at this months meeting. Dan had intended to make the
                last meeting, but something unexpected came up. I
                just got off the phone with him and provided there
                isn't a blizzard or something, he will join us this
                Saturday. He'll be bringing along his home built CNC
                milling machine for a demo. He's also bringing his
                mine sweeping robot, which should be very interesting.
                This was a big thing in Canada and Dan would like to
                stimulate some activity here.

                Several people have made major progress on their
                LineBots so I'm sure we'll be hearing and seeing lots
                about that.

                As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
                anything you are working on to share with the group.

                BringYourBots!!! ...John

                Be a better friend, newshound, and
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 10 10:09 PM

                  MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
                  Robotics club will be held this Saturday April 12th
                  at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
                  6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

                  The meeting will focus on the Stepper Drive Challenge.
                  For anyone that missed the last meeting, please come
                  and get up to date on this. There is still time to
                  enter the project and win a Parallax Digital
                  Oscilloscope! The prize will be awarded at the May
                  meeting. Here's your chance to learn about stepper
                  driving with the Tiny13 and win a cool scope.
                  Discussion of this project is on the LineBot forum at:

                  At the moment I'm (John) sick so I might not make the
                  meeting. If I make it I have a lot of cool stuff to
                  bring including the LynxMotion hexapod we talked about
                  last month. Other good stuff too. Hope to see you
                  there!

                  As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" time for
                  anything you are working on so bring your projects
                  to the meeting! Also remember that this time can be
                  used to announce events of interest or for just about
                  anything else that is robotics related. For
                  example...

                  If you have stumbled into a particularly interesting
                  website or scrounged a really cool part from some
                  piece of junk, please share it with everyone. The
                  only restriction is that it needs to have some
                  connection to robotics.

                  BringYourBots and Eat Some Pizza!!!

                  ...John

                  http://mail.yahoo.com