Volunteers needed for RoboGames

  • David Calkins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2006
      Hi all!

      RoboGames is June 16-18th at Ft. Mason - 430 robots coming in from
      aroudn teh world. Walking bots, sumo bots, combat bots, analog bots -
      all sorts.

      We of course need volunteers!

      Wed-Thu 14-15 June is set up. Mostly grunt work, but also builder check-in.
      Fri-Sun 16-18 June is the event. Lots of cool stuff going on, and
      plenty of posititons.
      Mon 19 Jun is tear down. Oh, the ugliness...

      This is a great event with 600 people from around the world. As a
      volunteer, you get to meet lots of people and see amazing robots! Too
      many positions here to list - from robot wrangler to pit-runner to
      soccer referee...

      We could also use some donated laptops. the RSA is a 501c3, and we
      can give you a tax-deductable reciept. ANY laptop, any processor, any
      OS - so long as it is network capable and has a browser.

      Please respond off-list if you'd like to help out or can donate a laptop.

      Thanks guys!

      -David E. Calkins
      Director, SFSU Engineering Design Center & Robotics
      President, Robotics Society of America / ROBOlympics
      http://www.robolympics.net
      Silicon shall replace Carbon.
      The revolution will be automated.
    • daveleb55
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2006
        Dave;

        Sounds like an exciting time! 600 people from all over the world!
        Where the hell is Fort Mason? I assume it's in the USA, but beyond
        that I've no clue. The other 599 people from around the world may not
        know either. It would be nice if these Robot Olympiads and whatnot
        would include a more specific location in their promo's. Inquiring
        minds want to know!
        Thanks,

        Dave

        --- In sfrsa@yahoogroups.com, David Calkins <dcalkins@...> wrote:

        > Hi all!
        >
        > RoboGames is June 16-18th at Ft. Mason - 430 robots coming in from
        > aroudn teh world. Walking bots, sumo bots, combat bots, analog
        bots -
        > all sorts.
        >
        > We of course need volunteers!
        >
        > Wed-Thu 14-15 June is set up. Mostly grunt work, but also builder
        check-in.
        > Fri-Sun 16-18 June is the event. Lots of cool stuff going on, and
        > plenty of posititons.
        > Mon 19 Jun is tear down. Oh, the ugliness...
        >
        > This is a great event with 600 people from around the world. As a
        > volunteer, you get to meet lots of people and see amazing robots!
        Too
        > many positions here to list - from robot wrangler to pit-runner to
        > soccer referee...
        >
        > We could also use some donated laptops. the RSA is a 501c3, and
        we
        > can give you a tax-deductable reciept. ANY laptop, any processor,
        any
        > OS - so long as it is network capable and has a browser.
        >
        > Please respond off-list if you'd like to help out or can donate a
        laptop.

        > Thanks guys!
        >

        > -David E. Calkins
        > Director, SFSU Engineering Design Center & Robotics
        > President, Robotics Society of America / ROBOlympics
        > http://www.robolympics.net
        > Silicon shall replace Carbon.
        > The revolution will be automated.

      • Karen Mahoney
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2006
          You could, uh, Google 'fort mason'....
          KM

          daveleb55 <daveleb55@...> wrote:
          Dave;

          Sounds like an exciting time! 600 people from all over the world!
          Where the hell is Fort Mason? I assume it's in the USA, but beyond
          that I've no clue. The other 599 people from around the world may not
          know either. It would be nice if these Robot Olympiads and whatnot
          would include a more specific location in their promo's. Inquiring
          minds want to know!
          Thanks,

          Dave

          --- In sfrsa@yahoogroups. com, David Calkins <dcalkins@.. .> wrote:

          > Hi all!
          >
          > RoboGames is June 16-18th at Ft. Mason - 430 robots coming in from
          > aroudn teh world. Walking bots, sumo bots, combat bots, analog
          bots -
          > all sorts.
          >
          > We of course need volunteers!
          >
          > Wed-Thu 14-15 June is set up. Mostly grunt work, but also builder
          check-in.
          > Fri-Sun 16-18 June is the event. Lots of cool stuff going on, and
          > plenty of posititons.
          > Mon 19 Jun is tear down. Oh, the ugliness...
          >
          > This is a great event with 600 people from around the world. As a
          > volunteer, you get to meet lots of people and see amazing robots!
          Too
          > many positions here to list - from robot wrangler to pit-runner to
          > soccer referee...
          >
          > We could also use some donated laptops. the RSA is a 501c3, and
          we
          > can give you a tax-deductable reciept. ANY laptop, any processor,
          any
          > OS - so long as it is network capable and has a browser.
          >
          > Please respond off-list if you'd like to help out or can donate a
          laptop.

          > Thanks guys!
          >

          > -David E. Calkins
          > Director, SFSU Engineering Design Center & Robotics
          > President, Robotics Society of America / ROBOlympics
          > http://www.robolymp ics.net
          > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------
          > Silicon shall replace Carbon.
          > The revolution will be automated.

        • Terry Kremin
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2006
            or, of course, just click on the provided hyperlink at the bottom of the page -

            _____________________

            Terry Kremin, Ph.D.
            Postdoctoral Fellow
            Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, UCSF

            *******************
            "If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin."      -- Charles Darwin

            Sounds like an exciting time! 600 people from all over the world!
            Where the hell is Fort Mason? I assume it's in the USA, but beyond
            that I've no clue. The other 599 people from around the world may not
            know either. It would be nice if these Robot Olympiads and whatnot
            would include a more specific location in their promo's. Inquiring
            minds want to know!
            Thanks,

            Dave

            --- In sfrsa@yahoogroups. com, David Calkins <dcalkins@.. .> wrote:

            > Hi all!
            >
            > RoboGames is June 16-18th at Ft. Mason - 430 robots coming in from
            > aroudn teh world. Walking bots, sumo bots, combat bots, analog
            bots -
            > all sorts.
            >
            > We of course need volunteers!
            >
            > Wed-Thu 14-15 June is set up. Mostly grunt work, but also builder
            check-in.
            > Fri-Sun 16-18 June is the event. Lots of cool stuff going on, and
            > plenty of posititons.
            > Mon 19 Jun is tear down. Oh, the ugliness...
            >
            > This is a great event with 600 people from around the world. As a
            > volunteer, you get to meet lots of people and see amazing robots!
            Too
            > many positions here to list - from robot wrangler to pit-runner to
            > soccer referee...
            >
            > We could also use some donated laptops. the RSA is a 501c3, and
            we
            > can give you a tax-deductable reciept. ANY laptop, any processor,
            any
            > OS - so long as it is network capable and has a browser.
            >
            > Please respond off-list if you'd like to help out or can donate a
            laptop.

            > Thanks guys!
            >

            > -David E. Calkins
            > Director, SFSU Engineering Design Center & Robotics
            > President, Robotics Society of America / ROBOlympics
            > http://www.robolymp ics.net
            > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------
            > Silicon shall replace Carbon.
            > The revolution will be automated.

          • abdulkerim cengeloglu

              Sounds like an exciting time! 600 people from all over the world!
              Where the hell is Fort Mason? I assume it's in the USA, but beyond
              that I've no clue. The other 599 people from around the world may not
              know either. It would be nice if these Robot Olympiads and whatnot
              would include a more specific location in their promo's. Inquiring
              minds want to know!
              Thanks,

              Dave

              --- In sfrsa@yahoogroups. com, David Calkins <dcalkins@.. .> wrote:

              > Hi all!
              >
              > RoboGames is June 16-18th at Ft. Mason - 430 robots coming in from
              > aroudn teh world. Walking bots, sumo bots, combat bots, analog
              bots -
              > all sorts.
              >
              > We of course need volunteers!
              >
              > Wed-Thu 14-15 June is set up. Mostly grunt work, but also builder
              check-in.
              > Fri-Sun 16-18 June is the event. Lots of cool stuff going on, and
              > plenty of posititons.
              > Mon 19 Jun is tear down. Oh, the ugliness...
              >
              > This is a great event with 600 people from around the world. As a
              > volunteer, you get to meet lots of people and see amazing robots!
              Too
              > many positions here to list - from robot wrangler to pit-runner to
              > soccer referee...
              >
              > We could also use some donated laptops. the RSA is a 501c3, and
              we
              > can give you a tax-deductable reciept. ANY laptop, any processor,
              any
              > OS - so long as it is network capable and has a browser.
              >
              > Please respond off-list if you'd like to help out or can donate a
              laptop.

              > Thanks guys!
              >

              > -David E. Calkins
              > Director, SFSU Engineering Design Center & Robotics
              > President, Robotics Society of America / ROBOlympics
              > http://www.robolymp ics.net
              > Silicon shall replace Carbon.
              > The revolution will be automated.

              A.KERİM ÇENGELOĞLU
              SANCAK MAH.SITKI SOK.
              B.ZAMBAK SİT.A-11/22
              SELCUKLU/KONYA/TURKEY

              Yahoo! kullaniyor musunuz?
              Simdi, 1GB e-posta saklama alani sunuyor
              http://tr.mail.yahoo.com