Robot Club Meeting In Grants Pass This Saturday

    Message 1 of 9 , May 12, 2006

      MEETING: Southeren Oregon Robotics will have it's
      monthly meeting this Saturday (May 13th) at Pizza Hut
      in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 Ne 6th St, Grants
      Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

      Let's all bring some robots and/or projects we are
      working on to prove we're the robogeeks and not just
      pizza pals.

      PROJECT PARTS: Anyone still needing a programmed
      Atmel Tiny12, RS232, or RS485 chip should email me
      before the meeting and I can bring them. A complete
      set is $5.00.

      PROJECT TOPICS: We will continue discussing our club
      project at this meeting. Bring your questions and
      ideas. As always, bring along anything you are
      working on for show-n-tell! You are working on
      something right?

      ...Tiger

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2006

        MEETING: Southeren Oregon Robotics will have it's
        monthly meeting this Saturday (Sep 9th) at Pizza Hut
        in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 Ne 6th St, Grants
        Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

        Remember to bring your bots bots for a little friendly
        competition again this month. We'll probably do line
        following and sumo. BRING YOUR BOTS!!!

        Hopefully Jon Peterman will dazzle us again with more
        progress on his little six servo walker. I am just
        finishing assembly of a new LynxMotion BRAT humanoid
        (walker). I should have it moving under it's own
        power for the meeting. You won't want to miss this if
        you've seen the BRAT videos at:
        http://www.lynxmotion.com/ViewPage.aspx?ContentCode=videos&CategoryID=17
        This thing is very cool. You better come and check it
        out!

        As always... Bring along anything you are working on
        for show-n-tell! You are working on something right?

        See you there... John

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 12, 2007

          MEETING: Southeren Oregon Robotics will have it's
          monthly meeting this Saturday (January 13th) at Pizza
          Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 Ne 6th St,
          Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

          Last meeting there was a lot of interest and
          discussion about line followers. Hopefully we will
          see a bunch of new line following bots at this
          meeting!

          As always... Bring along anything you are working on
          for show-n-tell. You "are" working on something
          right?

          BringYourBots!!! ...John

          Be a PS3 game guru.
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 9, 2007

            MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
            Robotics club will be held this Saturday March 10th
            at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
            6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

            This will be a "Show and Tell" meeting! Bring along
            anything you are working on to share with the group.

            BringYourBots!!! ...John

            Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 7, 2007

              MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
              Robotics club will be held this Saturday June 9th
              at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
              6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

              Those of you that were at the last meeting saw Kevins
              old flame throwing robot. He is doing a total
              overhaul of that robot for his senior project at OIT.
              He has made HUGE progress on the robot since the last
              meeting and will be showing it again this month.
              Among other things, he has completed the rolling
              platform using the new Lynxmotion tracks and some
              powerful gearmotors. He should have it powered up for
              a great demo.

              We'll also be talking about a new kind of line
              follower that you can develop using an Atmel Tiny13
              chip and the STK500 development board that many of us
              just got. This should be an interesting challenge for
              those of you that want to get up to speed on the Atmel
              chips.

              As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 10, 2007

                MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
                Robotics club will be held this Saturday October 13th
                at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
                6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

                I'm not sure what the focus of the meeting is this
                month, but I'm sure it will be fun as usual. :)

                As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
                your LineBot and anything else you are working on to
                share with the group.

                BringYourBots!!! ...John

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 6, 2007

                  MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
                  Robotics club will be held this Saturday December 8th
                  at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
                  6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

                  The clubs founder Dan Gates has moved back to
                  civilization from Canada and will be the guest speaker
                  at this months meeting. Dan had intended to make the
                  last meeting, but something unexpected came up. I
                  just got off the phone with him and provided there
                  isn't a blizzard or something, he will join us this
                  Saturday. He'll be bringing along his home built CNC
                  milling machine for a demo. He's also bringing his
                  mine sweeping robot, which should be very interesting.
                  This was a big thing in Canada and Dan would like to
                  stimulate some activity here.

                  Several people have made major progress on their
                  LineBots so I'm sure we'll be hearing and seeing lots
                  about that.

                  As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
                  anything you are working on to share with the group.

                  BringYourBots!!! ...John

                  Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 10, 2008

                    MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
                    Robotics club will be held this Saturday April 12th
                    at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
                    6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

                    The meeting will focus on the Stepper Drive Challenge.
                    For anyone that missed the last meeting, please come
                    and get up to date on this. There is still time to
                    enter the project and win a Parallax Digital
                    Oscilloscope! The prize will be awarded at the May
                    meeting. Here's your chance to learn about stepper
                    driving with the Tiny13 and win a cool scope.
                    Discussion of this project is on the LineBot forum at:

                    At the moment I'm (John) sick so I might not make the
                    meeting. If I make it I have a lot of cool stuff to
                    bring including the LynxMotion hexapod we talked about
                    last month. Other good stuff too. Hope to see you
                    there!

                    As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" time for
                    anything you are working on so bring your projects
                    to the meeting! Also remember that this time can be
                    used to announce events of interest or for just about
                    anything else that is robotics related. For
                    example...

                    If you have stumbled into a particularly interesting
                    website or scrounged a really cool part from some
                    piece of junk, please share it with everyone. The
                    only restriction is that it needs to have some
                    connection to robotics.

                    BringYourBots and Eat Some Pizza!!!

                    ...John

                    http://mail.yahoo.com