Robot Club Meeting In Grants Pass This Saturday

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2006

      MEETING: Southeren Oregon Robotics will have it's
      monthly meeting this Saturday (April 8th) at Pizza Hut
      in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 Ne 6th St, Grants
      Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

      FREE STUFF: All Phase Circuits in Medford has gone
      out of business. They let me do some "dumpster
      diving" to get one last pile of printed circuit board.
      I'll be bringing a bunch of nice new board to the
      meeting to give away to anyone that wants it. Be
      there or miss out!

      BIG PROBLEM: We had some new people attend the last
      meeting that were not sure if we were a Pizza Club or
      a Robot Club. All they were seeing was pizza and no
      robots! Let's all bring some robots and/or projects
      we are working on to prove we're the geeks they were
      looking for.

      PROJECT PARTS: I plan to have revised code completed
      for the Atmel Tiny12 chip that goes on the main power
      supply/control board. I plan on bringing programmed
      chips to the meeting for anyone that needs one
      ($2.00). I will also have complete sets of chips
      (Atmel Tiny12, RS232, and RS485) for anyone that needs
      a complete set ($5.00). I will be uploading the
      Tiny12 code to the project site if you want to burn
      your own chip. If you got a chip from me last month,
      bring it along and I'll exchange it for one with
      updated code.

      PROJECT DEMO: This may not happen, but I'm going to
      try to bring test equipment to demonstrate the RS-485
      operation on the Main Board (Tiny12). We should also
      be able to demonstrate serial communication, which is
      something we discussed at length at the last meeting.
      This will all depend on my getting the Tiny12 code
      done with some time to spare.

      PROJECT TOPICS: We will continue discussing our club
      project at this meeting. The main topic will be our
      communications protocol so please gather your thoughts
      on that before the meeting. As always, bring along
      anything you are working on for show-n-tell! You are
      working on something right?

      ...Tiger

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , May 12, 2006

        MEETING: Southeren Oregon Robotics will have it's
        monthly meeting this Saturday (May 13th) at Pizza Hut
        in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 Ne 6th St, Grants
        Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

        Let's all bring some robots and/or projects we are
        working on to prove we're the robogeeks and not just
        pizza pals.

        PROJECT PARTS: Anyone still needing a programmed
        Atmel Tiny12, RS232, or RS485 chip should email me
        before the meeting and I can bring them. A complete
        set is $5.00.

        PROJECT TOPICS: We will continue discussing our club
        project at this meeting. Bring your questions and
        ideas. As always, bring along anything you are

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 8, 2006

          MEETING: Southeren Oregon Robotics will have it's
          monthly meeting this Saturday (Sep 9th) at Pizza Hut
          in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 Ne 6th St, Grants
          Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

          Remember to bring your bots bots for a little friendly
          competition again this month. We'll probably do line
          following and sumo. BRING YOUR BOTS!!!

          Hopefully Jon Peterman will dazzle us again with more
          progress on his little six servo walker. I am just
          finishing assembly of a new LynxMotion BRAT humanoid
          (walker). I should have it moving under it's own
          power for the meeting. You won't want to miss this if
          you've seen the BRAT videos at:
          http://www.lynxmotion.com/ViewPage.aspx?ContentCode=videos&CategoryID=17
          This thing is very cool. You better come and check it
          out!

          As always... Bring along anything you are working on
          for show-n-tell! You are working on something right?

          See you there... John

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 12, 2007

            MEETING: Southeren Oregon Robotics will have it's
            monthly meeting this Saturday (January 13th) at Pizza
            Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 Ne 6th St,
            Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

            Last meeting there was a lot of interest and
            discussion about line followers. Hopefully we will
            see a bunch of new line following bots at this
            meeting!

            As always... Bring along anything you are working on
            for show-n-tell. You "are" working on something
            right?

            BringYourBots!!! ...John

            Be a PS3 game guru.
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 9, 2007

              MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
              Robotics club will be held this Saturday March 10th
              at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
              6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

              This will be a "Show and Tell" meeting! Bring along
              anything you are working on to share with the group.

              BringYourBots!!! ...John

              Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 7, 2007

                MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
                Robotics club will be held this Saturday June 9th
                at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
                6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

                Those of you that were at the last meeting saw Kevins
                old flame throwing robot. He is doing a total
                overhaul of that robot for his senior project at OIT.
                He has made HUGE progress on the robot since the last
                meeting and will be showing it again this month.
                Among other things, he has completed the rolling
                platform using the new Lynxmotion tracks and some
                powerful gearmotors. He should have it powered up for
                a great demo.

                We'll also be talking about a new kind of line
                follower that you can develop using an Atmel Tiny13
                chip and the STK500 development board that many of us
                just got. This should be an interesting challenge for
                those of you that want to get up to speed on the Atmel
                chips.

                As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 10, 2007

                  MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
                  Robotics club will be held this Saturday October 13th
                  at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
                  6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

                  I'm not sure what the focus of the meeting is this
                  month, but I'm sure it will be fun as usual. :)

                  As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
                  your LineBot and anything else you are working on to
                  share with the group.

                  BringYourBots!!! ...John

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 6, 2007

                    MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
                    Robotics club will be held this Saturday December 8th
                    at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
                    6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

                    The clubs founder Dan Gates has moved back to
                    civilization from Canada and will be the guest speaker
                    at this months meeting. Dan had intended to make the
                    last meeting, but something unexpected came up. I
                    just got off the phone with him and provided there
                    isn't a blizzard or something, he will join us this
                    Saturday. He'll be bringing along his home built CNC
                    milling machine for a demo. He's also bringing his
                    mine sweeping robot, which should be very interesting.
                    This was a big thing in Canada and Dan would like to
                    stimulate some activity here.

                    Several people have made major progress on their
                    LineBots so I'm sure we'll be hearing and seeing lots
                    about that.

                    As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" so bring along
                    anything you are working on to share with the group.

                    BringYourBots!!! ...John

                    Be a better friend, newshound, and
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 10, 2008

                      MEETING: This months meeting of the Southeren Oregon
                      Robotics club will be held this Saturday April 12th
                      at Pizza Hut in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 NE
                      6th St, Grants Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

                      The meeting will focus on the Stepper Drive Challenge.
                      For anyone that missed the last meeting, please come
                      and get up to date on this. There is still time to
                      enter the project and win a Parallax Digital
                      Oscilloscope! The prize will be awarded at the May
                      meeting. Here's your chance to learn about stepper
                      driving with the Tiny13 and win a cool scope.
                      Discussion of this project is on the LineBot forum at:

                      At the moment I'm (John) sick so I might not make the
                      meeting. If I make it I have a lot of cool stuff to
                      bring including the LynxMotion hexapod we talked about
                      last month. Other good stuff too. Hope to see you
                      there!

                      As always, we'll have "Show and Tell" time for
                      anything you are working on so bring your projects
                      to the meeting! Also remember that this time can be
                      used to announce events of interest or for just about
                      anything else that is robotics related. For
                      example...

                      If you have stumbled into a particularly interesting
                      website or scrounged a really cool part from some
                      piece of junk, please share it with everyone. The
                      only restriction is that it needs to have some
                      connection to robotics.

                      BringYourBots and Eat Some Pizza!!!

                      ...John

                      http://mail.yahoo.com