Zach's Cool Stuff update for Dec 2005

  • ZCS
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2005
      Hello and Happy Holidays from ZCS!

      Another year is almost over and the new year is just around the corner. We have scheduled a few new classes for our younger builders and a few of our most popular classes for you "older" builders.

      Starting the second week in January, we've scheduled two multi-week classes, "Electronics Prototyping" and "Programming for Electronic gadgets". Both classes start out assuming you have little or no experience, but quickly get you on your way to building some very "cool stuff". Each class stands alone, but if you decide to take both, you will have the ultimate introduction to building electronic devices. For all the details http://www.buildcoolstuff.org/mwclasses.html

      In February, we have scheduled a series of weekend one day classes for kids:

      First off, we have our Robotics-4-Kids level two. This new class is designed as a follow up to our very popular Robotics-4-Kids class. Students will build more advanced robots and even get introduced to programming. For 1st - 3rd graders we recommend taking Robotics-4-Kids level one class first, but the older kids can start off at level two.

      We are also introducing our "LEGO Inventor's Workshop". This course is specifically designed for newest builders ages 5 to 11 years old! Students learn basic mechanical principles while building fun and exciting contraptions. Projects include "balloon-powered rocket cars" and "trapdoor cable car parachute machines".

      Last, but definitely not least is our new "Amusement Park Science" class. Students get to design and build large-scale model roller coasters, Ferris wheels, and other amusement park rides. Who would imagine that learning about energy, speed, acceleration, and gravity could be so fun!

      For all the details on our classes for kids go to http://www.buildcoolstuff.org/kidclasses.html
      Until next year...

      Zach
      ZCS Director, Instructor, and Builder of Cool Stuff
      http://www.buildcoolstuff.org

      As always, if you want to be taken off this email list, just reply to this mail.