Re: Robotic vacuum

  • David Calkins - RSA
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2005
      Anyone know? Or want to examine a ROomba?

      Quoting LndSchneid@...:

      > Okay, this might be a superficial request given all of the important things
      > you're doing. I live in El Cerrito and I bought one of those Roomba Robotic
      > vacuums a couple of years ago. I love it and I've had it replaced 3 times
      > already because there's no maintenance or repair available here and
      > it goes into
      > these ongoing spins that don't stop. Do you know anyone involved in Robotics
      > who might be willing to figure out how to fix this for me? Otherwise
      > I'm giving
      > up on it and I really don't want to. I'm near a BART station and can take it
      > to someone.
      >
      > Linda Schneider

    • Jon Nebenfuhr
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 21, 2005
        If the guy went through 3 replacements then I'd assume the software
        cannot deal with something in the physical environment. Does it only
        go into these spins in a secific area, time of day?
        May be a pattern recognition or light polution issue. There are some
        Roomba user groups out there that should be consulted though.
        Here's the Yahoo! one:

        ~jn