Tonight's meeting

  • David Calkins - RSA
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2005
      I'll be giving a slideshow and video show of my recent trip to Japan.

      We saw dinosaur robots, toyota's new humanoid robots, robtos that pick up
      garbage, do ballroom dancing, and many more!

      Meeting is at 7pm in room 256. Hope to see you there!
    • D K
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
        Hello Everyone,

        I was wondering if anyone familiar with dewalt drill motors,
        know if there is a comprabable brushless motor with
        the same size, performance and available gearbox..

        I'm looking to replace the 18 V Dewalts/gearbox that I have used before.

        If you are not familiar with the dewalts this website has some info.

        http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_dewalt.html
        http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_mechanical.html

        Thanks,
        DK

        Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version.�Join now.
        http://ideas.live.com
      • David Calkins
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
          I've used the dirt cheap $29 18V's from Harbor Freight. They're
          certainly not as good as the Dewalts, but they do well for pushing a
          robot around.

          Quoting D K <dktkd@...>:

          > Hello Everyone,
          >
          > I was wondering if anyone familiar with dewalt drill motors,
          > know if there is a comprabable brushless motor with
          > the same size, performance and available gearbox..
          >
          > I'm looking to replace the 18 V Dewalts/gearbox that I have used before.
          >
          > If you are not familiar with the dewalts this website has some info.
          >
          > http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_dewalt.html
          > http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_mechanical.html
          >
          > Thanks,
          > DK

          > Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now.
          > http://ideas.live.com
          >

          > SF robot meetings are at 7PM on the first Wednesday of the month at
          > SFSU's Science bldg - 1600 Holloway, room SCI 256.
          >
          > http://www.robotics-society.org/images/sfsu_map.gif
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • D K
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
            Thanks for the tip David.
            Are there any brushless motors that that are comprabable to
            the Dewalt?
            I've seen big brushless motors that can do the job,
            but nothing that is as small as the dewalts.

            DK

            Quoting D K <dktkd@...>:

            > Hello Everyone,
            >
            > I was wondering if anyone familiar with dewalt drill motors,
            > know if there is a comprabable brushless motor with
            > the same size, performance and available gearbox..
            >
            > I'm looking to replace the 18 V Dewalts/gearbox that I have used before.
            >
            > If you are not familiar with the dewalts this website has some info.
            >
            > http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_dewalt.html
            > http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_mechanical.html
            >
            > Thanks,
            > DK

            > Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now.
            > http://ideas.live.com
            >

            > SF robot meetings are at 7PM on the first Wednesday of the month at
            > SFSU's Science bldg - 1600 Holloway, room SCI 256.
            >
            > http://www.robotics-society.org/images/sfsu_map.gif
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Microsoft Office Live
          • David Calkins
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
              The harbor freights are almost the exact size of teh dewalts.

              Just not the torque

              Quoting D K <dktkd@...>:

              > Thanks for the tip David.
              > Are there any brushless motors that that are comprabable to
              > the Dewalt?
              > I've seen big brushless motors that can do the job,
              > but nothing that is as small as the dewalts.
              >
              > DK

            • Camp Peavy
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2, 2006

                Camp

                Quoting D K <dktkd@hotmail. com>:

                > Hello Everyone,
                >
                > I was wondering if anyone familiar with dewalt drill motors,
                > know if there is a comprabable brushless motor with
                > the same size, performance and available gearbox..
                >
                > I'm looking to replace the 18 V Dewalts/gearbox that I have used before.
                >
                > If you are not familiar with the dewalts this website has some info.
                >
                > http://www.robotmar ketplace. com/marketplace_ dewalt.html
                > http://www.robotmar ketplace. com/marketplace_ mechanical. html
                >
                > Thanks,
                > DK

                > Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now.
                > http://ideas. live.com
                >

                > SF robot meetings are at 7PM on the first Wednesday of the month at
                > SFSU's Science bldg - 1600 Holloway, room SCI 256.
                >
                > http://www.robotics -society. org/images/ sfsu_map. gif
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Andy del Hierro
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 2, 2006
                  I buy most of all my tools for work from Harbor Freight.  That have a great warranty and good selection.  Yah there cheap but there cheap ;).

                  Andy

                  On 12/2/06, Camp Peavy <cpeavy2@...> wrote:

                  Camp

                  --
                  Andy del Hierro
                  Gamekiller

                  To be one ask one?
                                 /}
                  @#####{G]::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
                                 \}
                • D K
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006
                    Thanks guys.
                    I like harbor freight as well.

                    But I'm pretty sure that their drill
                    motors are brushed.

                    I'm looking for a "brushless" equivalent to
                    the brushed Dewalt/Harbor Freight motors.

                    Cheers.
                    Dennis

                    --
                    Andy del Hierro