Focused D* Algorithm

  • abbas1595
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2005
      Hi,
      Folks anyone familiar with pathplanning Algorithm "Focused D*"
      I need the detailed algorithm and if someone has implemnetations;
      thats great
      hope you would help me..
      Bye
    • rtstofer
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
        I have plain, ordinary flood-fill programmed in Turbo Pascal if it
        will help.

        If you find a better approach, please post back.

        --- In sfrsa@yahoogroups.com, "abbas1595" <abbas1595@y...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Folks anyone familiar with pathplanning Algorithm "Focused D*"
        > I need the detailed algorithm and if someone has implemnetations;
        > thats great
        > hope you would help me..
        > Bye
      • William Hubbard
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
          I wouldn't mind having a copy of that...

          Bill H.

          Quoting rtstofer <rstofer@...>:

          > I have plain, ordinary flood-fill programmed in Turbo Pascal if it
          > will help.
          >
          > If you find a better approach, please post back.
          >
          > --- In sfrsa@yahoogroups.com, "abbas1595" <abbas1595@y...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi,
          > > Folks anyone familiar with pathplanning Algorithm "Focused D*"
          > > I need the detailed algorithm and if someone has implemnetations;
          > > thats great
          > > hope you would help me..
          > > Bye
          >

          > SF robot meetings are at 7PM on the first Wednesday of the month at SFSU's
          > Science bldg - 1600 Holloway, room SCI 256.
          >
          > http://www.robotics-society.org/images/sfsu_map.gif
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • rtstofer
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
            File uploaded as Micromouse Maze Solver In Turbo Pascal.

            I developed this on a pure DOS box but I just tried it in a CMD
            window under Windows XP Pro and it works.

            The 'readme.txt' file gives a little insight but there are
            references on the web that go into more detail.

            Enjoy! Ideas for improvement are welcome - I am thinking about
            developing this with an FPGA. I wrote the VHDL in a rather naive
            way and it takes just less than 1,000,000 gates. I want to get it
            down to 800k gates so I have room for a 200k gate 16 bit CPU to
            drive the bot. Worst case of 256 iterations, the FPGA can solve the
            maze in about 2.56 uS!

            It would be pretty cool to use an FPGA as a single chip maze solver
            including all the motion control. It's a back burner project.

            My wife, grandson and I had a great time at the Robo Olympics the
            other day. He really enjoyed the Aibo soccer but next year he wants
            to enter the MiniSumo contest. We have a few bots but nothing
            competitive with the entries from Singapore. I've got a year to
            come up with something...