Re: [sfrsa] Re: Robot Games

  • Jeanette Eya-Zeissig
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2000
      >Also, Leslie from the Exploratorium called me asking for that information,
      >I'll let her know just to be sure, even though Larry now knows.
      >I will not be able to make it on Saturday. I wanted to hand out T-shirts to
      >the staff, but I'll do that on Sun. morning at 10AM. T-shirts will also go
      >to the first 40 registered participants. One T-shirt per person limit. 5
      >T-shirts given to the audience.
      >We should start registration at 11AM. Volunteers would be handy at that
      >table and in the pit and show areas to direct contestants.
      >I don't know if John is going to bring the open event arena Sat. or Sun.
      >I have Bracket charts for the sumo competition. We'll need a board to paste
      >them up on. I'll also bring log sheets for registration in each category.
      >From those sheets we will produce the schedules and fill in the bracket
      >charts.

      Joe,

      I'm going to bring the arena to the Exploratorium at 5:00 P.M.
      today (Sat.). I'm hoping sombody will be there to help me lug the parts and
      put it together. I can probably do it myself, but it really would be easier
      with an extra hand or two. I have to work at my day job in S.F. until 4:00,
      so I will preload everthing in the van this morning. If you need to reach
      me I,ll be at 415-621-1497 from 10:00 to 4:00 or thereabouts.

      John Zeissig

      <http://home.att.net/~jZeissig>

      <mailto:jZeissig@...>

      To see an older version of the 'bot <http://home.att.net/~jZeissig/Bot.html>
    • Dan Gates
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2001
        SFRSA,
        I am the president of Southern Oregon Robotics Club and we are
        planning for our first big event in October 2002. I am trying to
        gather as much info as possible about what it takes to put on a great
        event, and I have a coulpe of questions to ask if you don't mind.
        1: How many people do you normally attract to your event?
        2: How much money usually gets spent to make it happen?
        3: This may be the most important question, How many of your group
        does it take to put it together and run it?
        4: How would I go about getting Leo Laporte from Screen Savers to do
        our event?
        Thanks for any help, Dan